“Convenient Location - Perfectly Adequate for Business Travel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Sunnyvale

Sheraton Sunnyvale
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Dallas, Texas
“Convenient Location - Perfectly Adequate for Business Travel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed here one night for business travel. I found this hotel to be convenient to the San Jose Airport and to the business I had in Mountain View. In comparison to some of the hotels in Mountain View, I thought this was a better value. It has a good restaurant on-site. I ate lunch and breakfast at the restaurant. The restaurant isn't going to be awarded a Michelin star anytime soon, but I thought that both lunch and breakfast were very good and reasonably priced considering the convenience. My room was clean. Parts of the hotel (like the hallways) feel a little dated, but I didn't exactly spend a lot of time in the hallway. I had convenient parking. I've seen other reviews complaining about this location being located in the middle of nowhere. I didn't feel that way at all. The front desk staff was beyond polite. I would (and probably will) stay here again for business.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jay B, General Manager at Sheraton Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you for your complimentary review. We look forward to your next visit, and I would love to meet you personally, if you would like to just ask for me when you are here. We are looking at options for updating the hotel, and I would welcome your further thoughts along those lines.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Indonesian first
Floyd, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

We had a family gathering, and this was the least expensive of any decent hotels in Silicon Valley, for a Friday and Saturday night. However, the price is nearly triple Sunday-Thursday nights when the affluent business people show up. The location is very convenient, just off Hwy 237 and Hwy 101 intersection.

There is no elevator service for the 2nd floor. There are no fridges nor microwaves in the room we were offered. There is an on-site restaurant, including room service, but there is no free breakfast but the menu and buffet are extensive, and the dinners and wine choices are very good. However, the rooms are modern, clean, and room service is excellent. The grounds and lobby are well maintained. The area is safe, because in the surrounding area it is all businesses, no homes.

Room Tip: No elevators for 2nd floor. The hotel complex consists of about 5 separate buildings, so if it were...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us over the weekend when we can indeed offer our rooms at a substantially reduced rate from the otherwise comparably higher rates on the week days.

We are happy you were pleased with your visit and hope we have an opportunity to serve you and your family again.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Nice staff, very average rooms with no staircases to the second floor, something they neglected to tell me upon check-in. Construction site next door (as of January 2014) which, if you're on that side of the building, will leave you unable to hold phone conversations due to the noise. I was not given an upgrade at all, despite being Starwood Gold member and the price was very high for the quality of the hotel.

Bustling restaurant, quite pleasant atmosphere and probably the busiest hotel restaurant I've ever seen. However the food was virtually tasteless, though I should probably had gone with the Mediterranean choices which was the restaurant's theme. Waitstaff busy and somewhat neglectful though very pleasant. Prices reasonable.

Room Tip: Don't pick the second floor if you have luggage unless you're OK hoofing it up the staircase...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Laura L
Thank you for your review of our hotel. That pile driving that was going on at the construction project concluded after the first week in February. It was certainly unexpectedly noisy and inconvenient for all of us here, and we are glad it is over.

We have many SPG Gold and Platinum members staying with us each day, and we are not always able to accommodate everyone with an upgrade, however, if you would let me know on a future stay of your arrival, I will personally work to assist you with this.

Hope to have you with us again.

Travellers are raving about these Sunnyvale hotels

Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

You absolutely must have a car to stay at this hotel. We are urban dwellers and found the placelessness of this location a bit oppressive. But that's just us and not the hotel's fault.

On the upside, staff were great all around and the hotel was clean. A solid three star for sure but not a four star (as noted on some web sites for this hotel).

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jay B, General Manager at Sheraton Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Thank you for your comment. I learned a new word "placelessness", looked it up, and must say I agree somewhat with the description considering so many sprawling, campus like complexes here in the Silicon Valley. The upside is spacious and park-like for many businesses, even if they do seem to blend into each other.

Glad you found the staff great. We are working hard to make this the greatest attribute of the hotel.
Foster City, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

I have stayed in this hotel couple of times. The staff at the reception is very welcoming and professional. The rooms are comfortable - almost similar to the other sheratons in the area. I am a big fan of the restuarant - I went there for lunch, and wanted to eat something they didn't have on the menu, but they made it for me. Again, the attendant was just amazing. I will definitely go back there for the food at least.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your comments.

While I very much appreciate reading the nice words about our own staff, I am especially pleased to hear about the great service in the restaurant. Faz restaurant is separately owned and managed, but we share offices and work to inspire each other to ever increasing levels of guest service. Nice to hear our collaboration is paying off in service to our guests.
Hook, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

I stayed for one week and the hotel is not only at a great location for access to silicon valley but provides very good sheraton standards and excellent food. The staff are very nice and friendly. The restaurant serves some amazing food. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Muhammad_Adeel
Thank you.

Your comments warm our hearts and further inspire us to achieve this level of satisfaction with all our guests.

Thanks again.
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I've been in Sunnyvale for 1wks biz trip and quite enjoy the stay in Sheraton Sunnyvale - rooms are well cleaned, good hot water all day and very pleasant service here! Special thanks to Alex, Delca and Anita who help me to well reserve shuttle at the very early of the day.

if the internet were faster and breakfast were better, definitely it will be 5star hotel:)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I'm responding late to your comments, but thought you would like to hear about a few changes we've made since you posted your comments, which we sincerely appreciate:

1. Anita has received a promotion to supervisor at the front desk and continues work well in further developing our team in customer service. Alex and Deka continue to development themselves as well.

2. We got a brand new Shuttle van;

And most importantly:

3. We replaced every piece of electronic equipment related to our Wi-Fi internet service. It’s fast, reliable, and easy to connect with just about any device.

Thanks again for your comments.