“Excellent business hotel”
Review of Sheraton Sunnyvale

Sheraton Sunnyvale
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Sheraton Sunnyvale is an excellent business hotel to stay in Bay Area. Best part about the hotel is its staff, front desk people are very nice and engage in friendly conversations. They changed my room type based on my request, and the room was really big and comfortable. Pool and jacuzzi were good too. Hotel shuttle service was very useful. Internet was actually high speed, which in unusual in the US hotels.

Though hotel is located close to offices, restaurants etc. are not walking distance so that is a concern. One more not so great thing was lack of vegetarian options in the room service menu and in the Faz restaurant. They should address it as many international travelers with varied food preferences stay at the hotel.

Overall very good stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are fine
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank saurabh1103
Jay B, General Manager at Sheraton Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you so much for the outstanding review, especially for your specific comments regarding our front office associates. We all aim to please, and when those efforts are recognized like this we find they inspire us to greater excellence for all.

You are correct that our restaurant, while it does have some vegan options, does not offer an overwhelming number of dishes like this. There are many great dining places that we think may satisfy you very nearby. Please just ask at the front desk next time, or track me down, and we'll give you the names of some places you may enjoy while in the area.

Again, thank you for your great review.

Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Three nights. Easy to find, just off 101. Location close to places needed to on this trip. Four two floor buildings surrounding pool. Small gym but ok and clean. Attached was Restaurant Faz. Ample of parking. No elevator in the property. Got a complimentary upgrade to bigger room, which was good in all aspects.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Jay B, General Manager at Sheraton Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for the four star review. We appreciate you staying with us and taking time to comment on the experience.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I will start by mentioning the only positive: one of their staff was very helpful and nice. We were given a room in the back of the building (but not so helpful). After we had already unloaded all our luggage and had it in the lobby we then had to load it on a cart and push it to the back of the hotel, quite a distance. The gal at the front desk was nice enough to have them bring in a fridge for us, which we had to ask for twice. However, the problem was the fridge was made in the '80s or maybe the Dark Ages? It had seen better days and screamed and rattled all night as proof. People stood outside our window and smoked and talked periodically throughout the night. As our air conditioner/heater was going it sucked in all that tobacco air and we breathed that while we listened to unwelcome conversation between deep voiced strangers who shared not much more than smoking in common. After my husband and son were asleep I was still awake most of the night because of an inability to breathe well. Mainly it seemed to be because of a very strong musty mold smell. I tried to run the vent to bring in fresh air and that brought more cigarette smoke. So it was very miserable. The room was a bit shabby and there was no continental breakfast. I miserable nights sleep all for $112 dollars. Thank you very much. Never ever again. And to me I used to think the rich and famous stay at the Sheraton, but I know no one who stays at this particular one is a winner unless of course there is some mysterious part of the building where they put the more "well-deserving" customers according to their own discretion. Any of the other staff we dealt with were very snooty and I could not wait to get away and regretted keeping them in business with my own dollars. As I drove away I felt sympathy for the poor schmoes just like me who were going to think they were getting a great deal because of the Sheraton name. Word: times have changed my friends--times have changed.

Room Tip: You're on your own.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Delancy1
Jay B, General Manager at Sheraton Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you for your nice compliment of a staff member who was very helpful and nice. You are right that the refrigerator we brought to your room as requested was the worst. We placed an order today for a new refrigerator, and we will not send that ancient one to another room again.

Further, we reviewed the full text of your comments in our staff meetings today, and used them as an example of dissatisfaction that we can learn from, and improve upon our efforts to achieve our goal of excellent guest service.

I am sorry your stay was not worthy of a rave review, we will double our efforts to achieve greater satisfaction for all our guests.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I traveled with my spouse on a business trip. Location of the hotel was very convenient for his work. I was a little concerned as it is not near anything that I could get to. As he had to take the car I was left at the hotel. Restaurants, shopping is a short 10 minute drive. Many good restaurants in the area. There is construction on one side of the hotel rooms however I was up by seven when it started and they of course were done by 5 PM. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. As my husband is a Sheraton Gold club member we had access to the breakfast, which consisted of cereals bagels coffee juice fresh fruit. Is what you needed to start the day. They have a small but clean gym. I went in each morning and only once did I see another person there. The pool is in the center of the complex surrounded on four sides by hotel rooms. It is a very nice pool and that is where I spent most of my day. For frequent Sheraton visitors hence the gold club membership, they also offer a happy hour with free wine beer cheese and various hors d'oeuvres. Sam is a charm and makes all feel welcomed and part of the family. As this is in the middle of the IT world most visitors seemed to be businesspeople. While I was at first disappointed I had no where to walk to I quickly relaxed and got into a routine of going to the gym and sitting by the pool. The room is large, clean and quiet.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank winelvr83

Thank you for your compliments, and especially for singling out Sam. As our Sheraton Club Host, Sam is always an inspiration for us in perpetuating the genuine warmth and care we desire to impart to our guests.

You are right about so few restaurants within easy walking distance, but if we look just within a couple miles, there are many, many options for dining and entertainment. On the basis of your comments we will work to better inform our guests of nearby dining options, and better relay them to guests, with some ideas for easy transportation.

Again, thank you. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Nice Sheraton just off the freeway. Not many shops/restaurants/stores within walking distance. If you have lots of luggage to carry, you can literally drive up to most of the first floor rooms. Get a room facing the swimming pool rather than the car park. Not a fancy hotel but one that is convenient if you have a car and work nearby.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your nice review. I would just like to add for your reference, and others who may be interested; though it is generally easy and convenient for most guests to handle their own luggage as you indicate, we are always ready to assist with baggage at anytime.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed here one night for business travel. I found this hotel to be convenient to the San Jose Airport and to the business I had in Mountain View. In comparison to some of the hotels in Mountain View, I thought this was a better value. It has a good restaurant on-site. I ate lunch and breakfast at the restaurant. The restaurant isn't going to be awarded a Michelin star anytime soon, but I thought that both lunch and breakfast were very good and reasonably priced considering the convenience. My room was clean. Parts of the hotel (like the hallways) feel a little dated, but I didn't exactly spend a lot of time in the hallway. I had convenient parking. I've seen other reviews complaining about this location being located in the middle of nowhere. I didn't feel that way at all. The front desk staff was beyond polite. I would (and probably will) stay here again for business.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your complimentary review. We look forward to your next visit, and I would love to meet you personally, if you would like to just ask for me when you are here. We are looking at options for updating the hotel, and I would welcome your further thoughts along those lines.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We had a family gathering, and this was the least expensive of any decent hotels in Silicon Valley, for a Friday and Saturday night. However, the price is nearly triple Sunday-Thursday nights when the affluent business people show up. The location is very convenient, just off Hwy 237 and Hwy 101 intersection.

There is no elevator service for the 2nd floor. There are no fridges nor microwaves in the room we were offered. There is an on-site restaurant, including room service, but there is no free breakfast but the menu and buffet are extensive, and the dinners and wine choices are very good. However, the rooms are modern, clean, and room service is excellent. The grounds and lobby are well maintained. The area is safe, because in the surrounding area it is all businesses, no homes.

Room Tip: No elevators for 2nd floor. The hotel complex consists of about 5 separate buildings, so if it were...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us over the weekend when we can indeed offer our rooms at a substantially reduced rate from the otherwise comparably higher rates on the week days.

We are happy you were pleased with your visit and hope we have an opportunity to serve you and your family again.