I have stayed many times in this hotel and wrote several reviews on some of my past stays. So why another review then?
The reason is that things change and especially in the hotel business such changes can come quickly. They can also go both ways.
Luckily that is not the case here and compared to my previous stay, things even got a little better. This does not mean there is no room for improvement though. I'll cover those at the end, but they are all very small.
The room was very clean, comfortable and spacious. It is ideally suited for a longer stay. The recent renovation has modernized the look and feel, replaced furniture and maintains the high quality one has come to expect from this chain.
The full sized open kitchen includes a big fridge, microwave, dishwasher, etc. The living room part is comfortable with a big screen TV and a sofa to wind down on. There is also a comfy seat.
The bedroom and connected bathroom are comfortable too. The bedroom has a second TV. One improvement over the previous time was the walk in shower. It replaced the old bathtub that was pretty small. Getting rid of it and expand the shower area was a very good idea.The tiling has also been redone. Altogether it makes for a great shower experience at the start of the day.
I was also pleasantly surprised by the quality of the Wi-Fi. I usually prefer a fixed connection because most hotels provide very poor Wi-Fi service, even in Silicon Valley. In this case, there is no need to worry though. The line was reliable and fast enough for standard use.
Something else I want to mention because it is often overlooked. Maintenance is doing an excellent job. I've experienced this a few times myself. As soon as something is in need of repair, or requires regular maintenance, it is done very promptly.
Housekeeping is also very good and leaves nothing to desire. I really like it that the rooms are cleaned thoroughly before a new guest arrives, but also during the stay the room is kept clean.
So, kudos to the hotel management to continue to invest in quality!
There is however another very important aspect: the staff. It is very rare to experience this kind of friendliness and hospitality. Everything is done promptly and with a genuine smile. This is across the board with all staff members and really makes a big difference. It sets this hotel apart from many others.
Why not 5 stars then? Well, if possible I would give 4.5 stars. There are some things that can be improved though.
The breakfast is good and I love the fresh fruit, but not much variation. Especially with an extended stay it would be nice to have somewhat more variety.
What I really miss is a luggage rack, or maybe even two since this is an extended stay hotel. It is kind of shabby to have to put your suitcase(s) on the floor. The carpet is clean, but still.
The self-laundry room has a very limited capacity. It is great there is no charge for this service, but only 3 washing machines is not adequate, given the size of this hotel. More often than not, they are all in use. Especially before and after office hours. What makes this more cumbersome is that the machines do not indicate how much time is needed still, so you just need to keep on trying. The number of dryers is sufficient however.
Perhaps it is also worth considering to have an in-room safe. In particular big enough to fit a 15" laptop in. I feel very safe in this hotel, but it adds to the convenience to have such a place for valuables.
As I mentioned above, all of these are pretty small wishes.
This is simply a great hotel with a terrific staff and I hope to return many more times!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, Staybridge Suites Sunnyvale offers excellent accommodation for the high tech or leisure/family traveler, perfect for training, relocation and all lengths of stay. The hotel features one and two bedroom suites, much like spacious apartments with fully equipped kitchens, living/dining areas and an excellent work area offering complimentary high-speed Internet (wired and wireless) and Herman Miller ergonomic chairs. Our property boasts ample amenities for work and play, such as an all season outdoor pool and Jacuzzi, cardio room, sports court/BBQ area, and 9-hole mini-golf. Complimentary shuttle service to close by destinations is available. The property is conveniently located off Highways 101 & 237 and close to Shoreline Amphitheatre, Moffett Field, Santa Clara Convention Center, Twin Creeks Sports Complex and Murphy Avenue's Restaurant Row in downtown Sunnyvale.Businesses: NASA/Ames, Lockheed Martin, Yahoo!, Juniper Networks, SGI, SiemensSchools: Stanford University, Santa Clara University, SJSU, Cogswell Polytechnical CollegeHospitals: El Camino Hospital, Stanford Medical Center, Lucile Packard Children's Hospital, Palo Alto Veterans HospitalLocal attractions: Twin Creeks Sports Complex, Great Mall, Silicon Valley Tech Museum, Santa Cruz Mtns Wineries, Paramount's Great America, Winchester Mystery House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites Sunnyvale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Sunnyvale Hotel Sunnyvale
- Sunnyvale Staybridge Suites