“OK hotel for family stay”

Staybridge Suites Sunnyvale
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Luxembourg
“OK hotel for family stay”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

During our round trip to California we stayed 2 nights at Staybrige Suites Sunnyvale.
The first room we got were located next to a very busy road, we asked if we could change room, and the helpful staff managed to get us a better room away from the noise. This left us with a very positive view at this hotel. I will even say this was the difference between 3 and 4 stars. I have given 4 in this review.
The room we ended up with was clean, lots of space for the 5 of us, fully equipped kitchen. Only thing to say about the room is that it soon will need a bit of a small renovation. Personally I think if they got rid of the carpet and got something else than a carpet, then the room would have a much nicer clean feeling.
Breakfast was good and they got a laundry room we could use for free.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
tpmcevoy, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Staybridge Suites Sunnyvale. I'm glad that we were able to resolve the challenge with noise to your satisfaction, and I'll definitely share your feed back with the team. Please stay with us again.

Regards,
Tom

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Been to Staybridge suites for a business visit and this place has everything you need (almost everything - they dont have an escalator, so if you have heavy luggage, you better ask for a suite in the ground floor)

Accommodation - ample space with a furnished kitchen, good sleep quality
Parking - sufficient - well around the property
Food - Good breakfast spread and complimentary dinner on 3 days a week
Staff - well trained and courteous
Internet - Fast!

Located in a good area which is near to restaurants, gas and so on

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank NandanRao
tpmcevoy, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us, and we appreciate your feedback. We will always do our best to accommodate a first floor request, and thank you for the kind words about the room, staff, and meals. Please stay with us again.

Director of Sales
Minas Gerais
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This is the perfect Hotel to stay for a long business trip in the Silicon Valley!
Big rooms, very clear and well maintened, great staff and complimentary bbq!!

The location is not the best in this area, but here you will need a car anyway.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tcarrijo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Staybridge Suites Sunnyvale. We appreciate your comments about the Big rooms being very clear and well maintened, the great staff and our complimentary bbq!! Please stay with us again...

Menlo Park
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I have stayed many times in this hotel and wrote several reviews on some of my past stays. So why another review then?

The reason is that things change and especially in the hotel business such changes can come quickly. They can also go both ways.

Luckily that is not the case here and compared to my previous stay, things even got a little better. This does not mean there is no room for improvement though. I'll cover those at the end, but they are all very small.

The room was very clean, comfortable and spacious. It is ideally suited for a longer stay. The recent renovation has modernized the look and feel, replaced furniture and maintains the high quality one has come to expect from this chain.

The full sized open kitchen includes a big fridge, microwave, dishwasher, etc. The living room part is comfortable with a big screen TV and a sofa to wind down on. There is also a comfy seat.

The bedroom and connected bathroom are comfortable too. The bedroom has a second TV. One improvement over the previous time was the walk in shower. It replaced the old bathtub that was pretty small. Getting rid of it and expand the shower area was a very good idea.The tiling has also been redone. Altogether it makes for a great shower experience at the start of the day.

I was also pleasantly surprised by the quality of the Wi-Fi. I usually prefer a fixed connection because most hotels provide very poor Wi-Fi service, even in Silicon Valley. In this case, there is no need to worry though. The line was reliable and fast enough for standard use.

Something else I want to mention because it is often overlooked. Maintenance is doing an excellent job. I've experienced this a few times myself. As soon as something is in need of repair, or requires regular maintenance, it is done very promptly.

Housekeeping is also very good and leaves nothing to desire. I really like it that the rooms are cleaned thoroughly before a new guest arrives, but also during the stay the room is kept clean.

So, kudos to the hotel management to continue to invest in quality!

There is however another very important aspect: the staff. It is very rare to experience this kind of friendliness and hospitality. Everything is done promptly and with a genuine smile. This is across the board with all staff members and really makes a big difference. It sets this hotel apart from many others.

Why not 5 stars then? Well, if possible I would give 4.5 stars. There are some things that can be improved though.

The breakfast is good and I love the fresh fruit, but not much variation. Especially with an extended stay it would be nice to have somewhat more variety.

What I really miss is a luggage rack, or maybe even two since this is an extended stay hotel. It is kind of shabby to have to put your suitcase(s) on the floor. The carpet is clean, but still.

The self-laundry room has a very limited capacity. It is great there is no charge for this service, but only 3 washing machines is not adequate, given the size of this hotel. More often than not, they are all in use. Especially before and after office hours. What makes this more cumbersome is that the machines do not indicate how much time is needed still, so you just need to keep on trying. The number of dryers is sufficient however.

Perhaps it is also worth considering to have an in-room safe. In particular big enough to fit a 15" laptop in. I feel very safe in this hotel, but it adds to the convenience to have such a place for valuables.

As I mentioned above, all of these are pretty small wishes.

This is simply a great hotel with a terrific staff and I hope to return many more times!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank TravelOften4B
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We were in town for business and vacation. Close to a computer museum and a technology center, a few mission churches and technology companies. Easy access off 101.

Workout room only has 1 treadmill, 1 elliptical and 1 bike.

Breakfast was excellent with a good variety each day.

Suite was clean and had a nice sitting room for family time. We had a 2 bedroom unit so the girls were able to sleep in a bed instead of on a sofa bed.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
tpmcevoy, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate your comments. We are truly fortunate to be in a good location, and thank you for the comment about the breakfast. Our two bedroom suite is perfect for families, so please consider Staybridge Suites again in the future. And, we working to improve the fitness room as it is very basic at the moment. We hope to see you again!

Regards,
Tom

Director of Sales
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

The apartments are nice and spacious. I wouldn't vouch for the breakfast, it could have been nicer and the same goes for the happy hour which is just thrice a week. However, I would say this is a quite comfortable place and there's morning drop in the offices around in case you aren't driving

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sourav P
tpmcevoy, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback about the hotel. Please contact me directly to let us know how we could improve the breakfast, your suggestions are appreciated. We hope to see you again!

Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I recently stayed at the Staybridge Suites while on a buiness trip to the Moffet office park. The hotel is extremely close to the offices. I appreciated the free wifi. I didn't eat the breakfasts, but when I wandered over the to area, the food looked good.

I was in a two-bedroom, two bath suite. The bed was comfortable and I felt safe, even with an exterior room door. It was nice to have so much room and I will now consider the Staybridge family of hotels when I travel with my family (This is the exact setup we like to have).

For future trips, I will be staying here!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback about your experience at the hotel, your thoughts are appreciated. We want our guests to feel "like family", so hopefully you will return to the hotel in the future. Please stay with us again!