“Beautiful Property - Great Staff and Wonderful Rooms!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was very impressed with this Hotel. My son and I went down this past weekend for an event for him and everything was great.

I'll start at the beginning. The hotel IS located in a business park. At first you think you took a wrong turn but keep on truckin' your in the right spot. I really liked this location. It promotes a nice sense of security. There are TONS of places to eat down the street on the Lawrence Express Way (I think that's the name of it). You just have to drive about 3 minutes.

The Lobby is beautiful. It has a great open foyer which leads you to a large sitting area complete with free books and a bar area which is manned Sunday through Friday. They offer free coffee, fresh cookies and cucumber water in the lobby 24/7. They have a cute little "emergency" store that is also open 24/7 which offers a variety of items including toiletries, drinks, snacks and beer. They allow you to charge those items to your room so if you dont have cash you dont have to worry.

I guess my only complaint would be that they dont have a spa. The pool is smaller than most but they make up for those issues by having a very large seperate patio for smokers which (being a smoker) I appreciated. I was able to smoke and enjoy myself while not bugging non-smokers or being around children.

They offer free breakfast. It's nice but could be a tad more impressive. Better than some fruit and standard muffins. They offer eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, waffles, cereal and much more but they dont offer things like hard boiled eggs or cottage cheese. They could add some more upscale items to the menu. They have a diner on site (with hefty prices) so they dont offer an information book in the room showing where else to eat - we did a simple internet search using our location and found several places so no big deal. I would love it if management would consider offering trays for people to take food back to thier room - this is something that I've only seen once and it's brilliant. The weekend we stayed there was a baseball club staying as well - this meant that there were about 50 people trying to get breakfast at once. I am always amazed by the amount of people who dont know how a buffet line works - people going in and out from both ends of the line makes for very slow food serving. I suggest some nice looking signs showing where the line starts.

The rooms were great. They featured nice thick blankets, down pillows and they have 2 extra pillows and extra blankets in the room incase you want them so you dont have to call housekeeping. The decor is simple and modern with tasteful black and whites on the walls.

I loved the customer service here. After we had been in our room about 15 minutes we got a call asking if the room was to our satisfaction. Each time we saw an employee in the lobby or hallways they asked us how our stay was and if we needed anything.

This hotel was great. Beautiful property, beautiful location, great rooms, comfy beds and excellent service. I would stay again for sure and probably wont even look around for other options. Highly recommended.

Oh - I do have to say one more thing - not a deal breaker but kind of comical - this hotel has the SLOWEST elevators I have ever encountered.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank iansgal51510
An M, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear iansgal51510,

Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson for your last weekend visit in the area. We are very thrilled to see such positive detail feedback from you on our all hotel services and facilites from the exterior hotel apperance to the guestroom, complimentary buffet breakfast and customer services. We here have always tried our best to accommodate all guest's needs and knowing that your overall experience with us was very pleasant makes all our hard work paid off.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

If you love San Francisco but not its prices AND you have a rental car AND you have things to do away from the city then this is the perfect solution. The quality of this hotel and its price is way way better than anything you will find in San Francisco. Beautiful clean room. Fantastic full breakfast. Cookies and coffee/tea in reception. Free parking and tons of it. Microwave and Fridge in the room. The weekend price was excellent as this area is surrounded by high tech companies and no one is there on the weekend. I mean dead. I think I am right in saying the room prices jump in the week and this might not be a good option for a non-business visitor. But if your boss is paying, then who cares, this is still a good place to stay. Oh and key point - my wife loved it. She notices dirt and I don't. We left for Yosemite and this was a case of getting right on the freeway and going. Much easier than San Francisco.

Room Tip: I suspect they are all good. One side kind of faces the freeway (237) so you might ask to avoid tha...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
An M, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear PeterPakChong,

Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson in Sunnyvale, CA for your last visit in the area. We are very happy for all your wonderful detail comments about our overall hotel as well as the guestroom, 24/7 coffee station and complimentary full hot buffet breakfast. We have always been working hard to provide guests the best possible hotel services/facilites to accommodate all guests' needs and knowing your your experience with us was very pleasant makes all our hard works paid off.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The hotel is situated in a nice area surrounded by trees and walking distance to a park. Free fast WIFI and free outdoor parking which is great especially if you have a van. Our room window looked out to a roof so it was not exactly a great view. There is a microwave and a refridgerator in the room. However, the refridgerator is more like a cooler. In other words, it doesn't really get cold...just cool.

What I am excited about is their wonderful breakfast. Everybody showed up for breakfast. The dining room was packed. I will list what I had for breakfast. In a bowl I had hot oatmeal with raisins and craisins and a fresh banana, On a separate plate I had scrambled eggs, tater tots, mixed fruit, and hot off the griddle waffles topped with peanut butter. Since I do not drink milk, I had half of a small glass of guava juice. I also had a cup of hot herbal tea. There are other foods/drinks that I skipped such as sausages, bread, muffins, cold cereal, apples, oranges, coffee, milk, orange juice, cranberry juice, etc. My breakfast lasted me 8 hours!!

Room Tip: Don't get a room too close to the ice machine.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
An M, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear baldeagle7777,

Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson for your last visit in the area. We are very thrilled to see such positive feedback about our High Speed Internet as well as the amenity of microwave and mini refrigerator in each guest room. I also want to thank you for all your kind comment about our complimentary buffet breakfast. We have always tried our best to provide a variety of breakfast items to accommodate all guests' needs.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

This property is located at the end of a cul-de-sac and not located near any services, restaurants, etc. You will need a car. They have a small but well-stocked gift shop area, snacks, medicines. Rooms are small, no patio, but have refrigerator and microwave, hair dryer, ironing board. The bed is comfortable. They also have a small bar area and pool. Hot breakfast is included.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Ralph R,

Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson on your last visit to the area. We are thrilled to hear positive feedback about our Inn Case Market that offers a variety of snacks as well as beverages 24 hours. I also was pleased to see that you enjoyed the amenities of having a microwave, fridge, iron board and hair dryer which are available in all of our guests' rooms. We offer a complimentary breakfast buffet that has a wide variety of hot and cold options to try to meet all of our guests' needs.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Brandie Breece
Guest Service Representative

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Paper in elevator and old room service trays in hallway don't get picked up until the next day. Pool was not clean and was accessible only by a ladder, not good for this senior. The 2nd day they got the chair lift working (they don't leave the battery in it unless someone requests it). So the pool is not kid friendly with no steps for entering it. Major problem getting an extension cord for my room. They closed out our account (and the room access and Wi-Fi) hours before we checked out.

Room was clean and quiet. The bathroom was very small, in my opinion.

Room Tip: Corridors are very long. Regardless of floor, get a room near the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear gerbear,

Thank you for staying at Country In & Suites by Carlson. After carefully reviewing your comment, I realize that we could have done more to accommodate all your needs and requests. I have forward your concerns to our Housekeeping manager, Chief engineer and management team to look into the issues and possiblities.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have stayed at the Country Inn Sunnyvale at least once per quarter for over six years. The staff and management are very attentive, and the free breakfast buffet is actually very good. The rooms are average size, but well-furnished and appointed, and the beds are very comfortable. All in all, it is a great place to stay for business travelers going to Silicon Valley.

Room Tip: I like a room close to the elevator, which shortens the walk with luggage.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank luv2eatout2nite
An M, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear luv2eatout2nite,

Thank you for staying with Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Sunnyvale for your always business trip in the area. Knowing that you have been stay with us for over six years makes us feel very happy and well worth all hard work. Here at our hotel, we have always tried our best to provide the best possible hotel services/facilities such as the room, bed, complimentary breakfast, etc. And since customer services has been one of our main priorites, we are so delighted to know that our hotel staff and management makes your overall experience pleasantly.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Nice location and good value.Room clean and decent size. Price extremely reasonable. Triple A and AARP discounts available. Location right off highway, but we took a room overlooking the inner courtyard and pool and were very happy. The continental breakfast was more than adequate and in a nice room not an alcove. Will come here again next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: Room facing inner courtyard overlooking pool with high floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear r0cky1,

Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Sunnyvale. We are very happy to see such positive feedback about our hotel services/facilities such as the room and complimentary full hot breakfast. Knowing that your overall experience was so pleasant makes all our hard work paid off.

Regards,

Front Office Supervisor

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley
Hilton Santa Clara
Hilton Santa Clara
#1 of 32 in Santa Clara

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale? Share your experiences!