All reviewskeurig coffee makerroom was cleanwould stay here againgood sizewafflesmicrowavebusinessbaykoreanoffice
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Old facility, but clean. Friendly help, and the breakfast was a very good deal.
One of the few places near Silicon Valley that is still affordable. Wi-Fi with reasonable signal strength. Bathroom clean with great water pressure. Fridge in room. Everything working !

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lisa D, Manager at Cherry Orchard Inn Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Jon H.,

Thank you for staying with us at the Cherry Orchard Inn. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. It is our goal to provide excellent service and amenities to our guests so we are delighted to hear we have met your expectations. Should your travels bring you back to our beautiful area in the future, we hope you will consider the Cherry Orchard Inn as your go-to hotel choice.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

This hotel is fine. Definitely nothing fancy, but the rooms were recently "updated". Sheets and towels were clean. Floors were hard so no dirty carpeting. Wood furniture was older and a bit worn. HVAC worked fine. The hot water was out for one day of our stay, which was inconvenient. However, we were warned a day ahead of time, so it was not a total surprise. Breakfast was good with hot eggs, meat, breads, waffle maker, yogurt, milk, cereals, coffee, muffins, etc. Staff was friendly and helpful. The location was perfect for a family visit in Sunnyvale.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lisa D, Manager at Cherry Orchard Inn Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Dear Michelle B.,

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate you bringing these details to our attention. Insuring that our guests enjoy their time spent is of great importance, so we're disappointed to learn of your experience. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon and make it right.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

I recently stayed at the Cherry Orchard Inn Sunnyvale and received great customer service from Ana at the front desk check in. She was very professional, helpful and genuine. After a horrible experience the night before at another hotel, Ana put a smile back on my face by checking us into a really nice room with a comfortable king size bed at an affordable price.
I appreciate her professionalism and service.

Also, the shower pressure in the tub was nice and strong and the free breakfast included was very good.

I would recommend this hotel to my family and plan to stay there again when I return to Mountain View.

Thank you Ana. You're awesome!
Sonja

Room Tip: Save money and make use of the free breakfast.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Lisa D, Manager at Cherry Orchard Inn Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear sonjatupua,

Customer service is what can take a good experience and turn it into a great experience. I couldn’t be happier to hear that our staff, specifically Ana, exceeded your expectations, as well as my own, on your most recent stay at the Cherry Orchard Inn. Thank you for taking your time to review our beautiful property, and I will make sure to pass along your kind words to our staff. We all here at the Cherry Orchard Inn cannot wait to welcome you back on your next trip into Sunnyvale.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Horrible horrible hotel! I don't recommend it to anyone! After booking my room I arrived at almost 1 am after a 15 long international flight, traveling alone with a six month old baby. To start off the elevator looks like a freight elevator, it's outdoors and its door is extremely heavy - could not have gotten in and out alone with a stroller. And the room was GROSS, smelled horrible like a mixture of thick dust and old, possibly wet wood, beyond stuffy! I could feel my allergies kicking in. The employee offered to open a window like that would help. There was no way I could have stayed there, I didn't end up checking in and was left searching for other hotels after 1 am, alone with a baby. The hotel ended up charging me for this whole ordeal and even after contacting them - they would not refund. Disgusting!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Yaeli N
Lisa D, Manager at Cherry Orchard Inn Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Dear Yaeli N.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. Our goal is to deliver the best guest experience possible. Whenever we receive a review that indicates an opportunity to improve, we would love to know more about what happened in order to better meet your needs in the future. We truly appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 October 2017

The hotel’s system would not accept my non-American Mastercard. A call to Mastercard confirmed that the card was OK. The hotel very reluctantly accepted this and we almost had to find an other hotel even if our booking was prepaid. Rude and unpolite manager. Next morning my MasterCard “miraculously” worked again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank edgarf551
Lisa D, Manager at Cherry Orchard Inn Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear edgarf551,

Thank you for staying with us at the Cherry Orchard Inn, and providing us with your valuable feedback. I do apologize for any confusion you may have encountered during your check-in process. Our staff is trained to make this step as quick and as fluent as possible. Sometimes using an out of country credit card can inquire some difficulty while authorizing. edgarf551, I do hope next time you are in the area you give us the chance to improve your experience.

Regards,