Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Domain Hotel(Sunnyvale)
  • Pool
Aloft Sunnyvale(Sunnyvale)
View Hotel
All reviewsel caminoricewafflesamerican breakfasthappy hoursausagewalk in showerrooms were very cleanfree parkingevery morninghot tubfree breakfastsilicon valleya great place to staynice pooldefinitely stay here againconvenient location
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Great complimentary breakfast, super happy hour.

Wireless internet worked well in the room.

Liked the body wash and shampoo.

Good lighting for shaving in bathroom. Nice pool and hot tub.

2 complaints....low showerhead for 6'+ humans and a hard bed.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
MapleTreeManager, Public Relations Manager at Maple Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed our American/Asian Breakfast Buffet and Hospitality Hour. We pride ourselves in providing a hardy well balanced breakfast, appetizing hors d'oeuvres, and refreshing beverages for our valued guests. We apologize you did not enjoy our comfy beds. We will inspect our showerheads so that they are better adjusted for our taller guests. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We hope you consider us on your next trip to the area.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 3 February 2012

Initial impression of hotel upon arrival was disappointing as it looked tired and décor was not up to date, the room gave the same impression and could do with renovation. The bathroom was below par as the water pressure was poor and sink was semi blocked. Noise could have been a major issue, as the walls were thin and I was lucky that my neighbors were relatively quiet. In terms of cleanliness the room was clean.

Breakfast did not offer much choice.

Overall you get for what you pay for. I will not stay at this hotel again

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
MapleTreeManager, Public Relations Manager at Maple Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We apologize for your less than satisfactory stay. We are currently in the process of room renovations to enhance the stay of our valued guests. In addition, we strive to make every effort to improve our amenities, not excluding our complimentary hot American/Asian breakfast buffet. We hope that you will consider our hotel on your next trip to the area.

The Maple Tree Inn

Reviewed 2 February 2012

We have stayed at the Maple Tree Inn many times.
Monday through Thursday there is a cocktail hour with two drinks each and hot snacks.
The daily breakfast offers many hot and cold choices---eggs, sausages or bacon, biscuits and gravy, miso soup, waffles, cereals, fruit, yogurt, pastries, juices, coffee and tea, and more.
Rooms are comfortable, plenty of parking, computer access, large lobby, newspapers, outdoor pool with tables and chairs.

In and Out fast food is across the street. Other restaurants close by. Safeway supermarket also close.

Room Tip: We like the second floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
MapleTreeManager, Public Relations Manager at Maple Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

We are very pleased to hear that your stay at our hotel was enjoyable. We pride ourselves in offering exceptional amenities to our valued guests. We hope you will return on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 18 January 2012

The hotel is decent at around 100 USD per night, especially bearing in mind the horrendous quality of all the other properties you can glimpse along El Camino all the way to Palo Alto. However:

1) There seems to be Internet only in one room in the hotel, the VIP business room, which houses a newer TV, DVD player, and a router.

2) Unfortunately, this room faces El Camino and is really noisy - though you can drown the noise with the ancient air-conditioner. The walls are also paper-thin, of course.

3) We had problems with cigarette smoke from staff smoking often right under our window and from the guest(s) in next room who stenched up the whole corridor.

4) After being served for breakfast for a few days, the boiled eggs finally got rotten - taste carefully before eating!

5) They use some weird washing powder to wash the sheets - they had a nasty greasy-hair smell, even after I asked for them to be changed. I could tell they were washed and cleaned, but they did not smell good at all.

6) The carpet and the curtains were quite dirty and shabby, and I can assure you this is so throughout the hotel because we spent some time checking out rooms in the hope of finding one that was quiet (that is, did not face El Camino) AND had (any) Internet, which turned out to be impossible.

Overall, good shot considering the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Naussicaa
MapleTreeManager, Public Relations Manager at Maple Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Firstly, let me apologize for your less than satisfactory stay at our property. Our goal is to make every guest's experience as pleasurable as possible. We are currently in the process of room
renovations and our goal is to enhance the stay of our guests. We are aware that the internet connection has been flawed, but we are currently in the process of enhancing internet connectivity for our guests and staff, whom have also been effected by low connectivity. We hope you will return in the near future for a completely new and enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 8 November 2011

I had a bad feeling about the hotel upon my arrival! But it was after 11pm when I arrived and the front desk clerk was nice. I can't say for sure if this is where I was bitten by bed bugs as I stayed at three hotels that week - This was the first one. But I definitely saw and killed one on the bed at this hotel after I had slept in it! It was approximately 5am when I saw and squished it. The bug was big, dark brown, and when I squished it between the sheets it left a blood spot. I didn't realize it was a bed bug because I didn't have any bites at that time and it was bigger than I would have thought they were. Anyway, within days, and even a week later bites were showing up on my arms. Ugh. I stayed the night of October 23rd.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Amanda S
MapleTreeManager, Public Relations Manager at Maple Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. We reasuure you that this is not a hotel wide issue. It has nothing to do with the cleanliness of the hotel. It has been said bed bugs can be brought over by travelers (internationl and domestic) through luggage and clothing. We work with Orkin to inspect the Hotel once a month. Our housekeeping has been extensively trained by Orkin to find these bed bugs. If and when they are found the room is quarantined for more than a week. We have taken the appropriate measures to contain and exterminate bed begs in the past.

Yours in Hospitality,