“NIce Hotel, Great Staff”
Review of Maple Tree Inn

Maple Tree Inn
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Redondo Beach, California
“NIce Hotel, Great Staff”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

The staff is very accomodating and polite. Rooms are clean, albeit a bit dated. We got there late and booked for only one night prior to a weekend. They were flexible as we decided to stay there the entire weekend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Barbara P, General Manager at Maple Tree Inn, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about the staff, it is nice to hear that you appreciated the service they provided. We are working toward completing our room renovations, and although many of the rooms are complete it will be great to have the majority done. Try one of our deluxe rooms on your next visit to the hotel, they are fresh and modern!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The hotel is very pleasant - if you are looking for competent it's pretty good, but it won't pass for an upscale hotel with lots of extras. This is about the only hotel I have stayed at in the last 3-4 years that still has tube TVs - which was fine, I wasn't there to watch TV. Similarly the breakfast is decent, good quality but not elaborate - and again, usually that's all you need. Staff was always very friendly. Parking was reasonable. With breakfast and internet being free this is ultimately one of the cheaper hotels in the valley (my company discount makes it an exceptional value). If I wasn't shooting for chain hotels with frequent traveler programs I would probably stay here more often.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TonyRHB
Barbara P, General Manager at Maple Tree Inn, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you for your review. The New Year will bring all flat panel TV's to the Maple Tree Inn, so those rooms that still sport those "tube" TV's will be gone. I do hope you find yourself at our hotel more often, as you say it is more reasonable than many of the other hotels, and as an independent property we are able to be more flexible. The hot buffet breakfast and the hospitality hour Monday through Thursday really add value to the room rate.
Yreka
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We checked into this hotel with a pet. They were exceedingly friendly from the start. It's an older hotel, but very clean. Each time we encountered a staff member, they went out of their way to talk to us. Also, the full menu of food and drink was complimentary, well prepared, and most delicious. Please take time to stay at this hotel. You will not be sorry.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank D W
I love surprises! What we like to do is to be prepared for the needs of our guests and I am happy to hear that we met your expectations and then some. Stop by and say hello when you return.
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This was my first stay at the Maple Tree - up for business with a group from the San Diego area. Clean and spacious room, delicious breakfast and a great pool side atmosphere with gas fire pit and hotub. Walking distance to multiple restaurants, including excellent sushi. Tonight will be my 8th night at the hotel and the only negative experience I've had is when the dryer didn't completely dry my clothes on the first cycle.
Definately my new hotel of choice in the bay area.

Room Tip: Second floor, King Single was quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Barbara P, General Manager at Maple Tree Inn, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
It was a pleasure to have you with us! I really enjoy the hotel size for our ability to have large groups. The outside patio and pool area is perfect for BBQ's, I am glad you enjoyed the ribs! We hope to see you again, and on behalf of myself and the hotel staff, thank you for your service and sacrifice for our country.
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Maple Tree Inn was more than accommodating 95 people for two weeks from my company. They made it simple to arrange and gave us more than expected with the free drink happy hour and Thursday Night Ribs. The rooms were always tended to and the location of the hotel was within walking distance to numerous restaurants and grocery stores. I would use this establishment again if I have to put together another large off site business trip.

• Stayed September 2013
We really enjoyed having your group with us, especially fun around the pool enjoying BBQ ribs! The pool terrace is such a nice venue for gatherings! I am glad you found the accommodations just right and all the close by amenities convenient. I hope to see you again the next time you are in Sunnyvale.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 9 September 2013

A lovely property. Fabulous breakfast, comfortable rooms and pleasant staff---at least at check-out. The guy was kinda grumpy when we checked in. Lectured me about booking online!! Unfortunately, there isn't a decent, reasonable late-night place to eat within walking distance....after driving for 14hrs, we just didn't feel like getting back into the car to get to a restaurant but had no choice. The bathroom was a bit of a snug fit though. It's a shame that this isn't a chain; they'd have my business. Was impressed to learn that they have an evening Social; sorry that we weren't there long enough to join in. Really really impressed with this facility and would absolutely recommend it.

Room Tip: Be sure to PHONE the hotel after making your online booking to ensure that they have the type of roo...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 486Marilyn
Barbara P, General Manager at Maple Tree Inn, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
I just spent a few days in Vancouver, my hometown, not too long ago. I definitely thought it was my year to win the PNE home, sadly it wasn't. I am glad you found us on the Internet, but sad to hear our staff seemed grumpy. It is good for all of us to get feedback, it is a good training point, thank you for your review.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Ten colleagues and I stayed at the Maple Tree Inn on a recent trip to the Bay Area. We weren't at the hotel very long (late check-in and early check out), but from we did see the facilities were nice. I was in a renovated room, which was clean, comfortable, and fairly spacious. There is free WiFi, which was nice. The buffet breakfast was really good with all sorts of options from fresh waffles (you make them yourself) to bagels, donuts, pastries, fresh fruit, eggs, sausage, cereals, etc... There was definitely options for everyone. They also have some sort of cocktail hour with free beer and wine in the evening, which we heard about, but were unable to attend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CtheGlobe77
I appreciate that you took time to write a review. It sounds like your group had a great stay and I am happy we were able to meet your needs. We are glad that our renovated rooms are getting positive feedback! Come again when you are in the area, we would love to see you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
The Grand Hotel
Cupertino Inn
Cupertino Inn
#1 of 6 in Cupertino
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale

Been to Maple Tree Inn? Share your experiences!