“Clean, comfortable, awesome breakfast and happy hour, pool, hot tub”
Review of Maple Tree Inn

Maple Tree Inn
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Clean, comfortable, awesome breakfast and happy hour, pool, hot tub”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

A hidden gem! We stayed here for a week on a visit to Juniper. My boss negotiated a rate. The rooms are nice and clean, recently updated. The free breakfast and free happy hour is awesome!! The pool was a bit cold but the hot tub was hot hot HOT! The staff was friendly, even when we were being too loud in the hot tub too late at night. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you like to sleep with the windows open, then you need a room that's not on the pool or on th...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Barbara P, General Manager at Maple Tree Inn, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. As we get closer to completing the entire room renovation it is exciting for us to have positive feedback about the rooms. We do keep the pool at 80 degrees year round, which as the days get colder you do have to keep moving, great motivation for a lap swim. The spa is always my temperature of choice, the warmer the better, which we keep at a toasty 102 degrees. We look forward to your return when you are back in our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I used to stay in Menlo Park or Palo Alto when visiting my brother. However, this year those places seemed to raise their motel rates to exorbitant amounts. Found a review of the Maple Tree Inn that was favorable. Checked prices and found them to be affordable. Booked reservations. Found the motel clean and well kept up. My single queen room was very clean, quiet, and comfortable. Wifi worked great. Breakfast buffet was more than adequate in terms of choices. Staff was very accommodating in regards to when to clean and make-up my room and in adding additional days to my stay without having to move into another room. Location is close to both fast food and fine dining restaurants. Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Barbara P, General Manager at Maple Tree Inn, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
I am glad you made your way to Sunnyvale and found us! All the pluses you mentioned are the things we have focused on believing they are what brings value to our customers. WI-FI you can count on, good variety at our complimentary breakfast and hospitality hour, and a clean comfortable environment. Hope to meet you during your next stay with us.
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed 12 October 2013

The staff is very accomodating and polite. Rooms are clean, albeit a bit dated. We got there late and booked for only one night prior to a weekend. They were flexible as we decided to stay there the entire weekend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind comments about the staff, it is nice to hear that you appreciated the service they provided. We are working toward completing our room renovations, and although many of the rooms are complete it will be great to have the majority done. Try one of our deluxe rooms on your next visit to the hotel, they are fresh and modern!
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The hotel is very pleasant - if you are looking for competent it's pretty good, but it won't pass for an upscale hotel with lots of extras. This is about the only hotel I have stayed at in the last 3-4 years that still has tube TVs - which was fine, I wasn't there to watch TV. Similarly the breakfast is decent, good quality but not elaborate - and again, usually that's all you need. Staff was always very friendly. Parking was reasonable. With breakfast and internet being free this is ultimately one of the cheaper hotels in the valley (my company discount makes it an exceptional value). If I wasn't shooting for chain hotels with frequent traveler programs I would probably stay here more often.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TonyRHB
Barbara P, General Manager at Maple Tree Inn, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you for your review. The New Year will bring all flat panel TV's to the Maple Tree Inn, so those rooms that still sport those "tube" TV's will be gone. I do hope you find yourself at our hotel more often, as you say it is more reasonable than many of the other hotels, and as an independent property we are able to be more flexible. The hot buffet breakfast and the hospitality hour Monday through Thursday really add value to the room rate.
Yreka
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We checked into this hotel with a pet. They were exceedingly friendly from the start. It's an older hotel, but very clean. Each time we encountered a staff member, they went out of their way to talk to us. Also, the full menu of food and drink was complimentary, well prepared, and most delicious. Please take time to stay at this hotel. You will not be sorry.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank D W
I love surprises! What we like to do is to be prepared for the needs of our guests and I am happy to hear that we met your expectations and then some. Stop by and say hello when you return.
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This was my first stay at the Maple Tree - up for business with a group from the San Diego area. Clean and spacious room, delicious breakfast and a great pool side atmosphere with gas fire pit and hotub. Walking distance to multiple restaurants, including excellent sushi. Tonight will be my 8th night at the hotel and the only negative experience I've had is when the dryer didn't completely dry my clothes on the first cycle.
Definately my new hotel of choice in the bay area.

Room Tip: Second floor, King Single was quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Barbara P, General Manager at Maple Tree Inn, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
It was a pleasure to have you with us! I really enjoy the hotel size for our ability to have large groups. The outside patio and pool area is perfect for BBQ's, I am glad you enjoyed the ribs! We hope to see you again, and on behalf of myself and the hotel staff, thank you for your service and sacrifice for our country.
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Maple Tree Inn was more than accommodating 95 people for two weeks from my company. They made it simple to arrange and gave us more than expected with the free drink happy hour and Thursday Night Ribs. The rooms were always tended to and the location of the hotel was within walking distance to numerous restaurants and grocery stores. I would use this establishment again if I have to put together another large off site business trip.

• Stayed September 2013
We really enjoyed having your group with us, especially fun around the pool enjoying BBQ ribs! The pool terrace is such a nice venue for gatherings! I am glad you found the accommodations just right and all the close by amenities convenient. I hope to see you again the next time you are in Sunnyvale.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
The Grand Hotel
Cupertino Inn
Cupertino Inn
#1 of 5 in Cupertino
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale

Been to Maple Tree Inn? Share your experiences!