“We are in silicon valley?”
Review of Maple Tree Inn

Maple Tree Inn
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Arvada, Colorado
“We are in silicon valley?”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I travel with an I-pad, Nexus7, HTC 1, Bluetooth , rechargeable battery and a camera that has a battery! Six items, all needing power. My wife has four items that have to receive a charge.
Our room has a very pleasant decor, elegant modern lamps ( which could have had outlets), tasteful furniture, a fridge and TV and ONE accessible outlet. Who is this hotel aiming at?
Two beds in this room makes for a very cramped experience but I'm still very fond of SWMBO She Who Must Be Obeyed - my current and future wife.
The place is very clean, compact and seems well run, but we are in silicone alley, the worlds electronics hub and Maplet Tree Inn has two (now using the one in the bathroom) outlets in our room. I would have given a higher rating if the room was slightly larger and had more outlets.

Room Tip: If you are on business - two available outlets might get you by but you should travel with multi he...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Barbara P, General Manager at Maple Tree Inn, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
We are in the Silicon Valley! I apologize for the lack of outlets in the room where you stayed. We have been doing room renovations in stages and the last stage we made a change in a light fixture which provided more outlets. We do have outlets on the side of each night stand and the light on the desk does have a USB, but as you noticed this is not quite enough. Good news we are adding outlets to those rooms at the desk height and the next phase of renovation will address the need for more outlets. Come and see us again and this should be completely resolved! Thanks for your review, we greatly appreciate it.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Overall this is a nicely maintained independent property. Room was very clean and appeared to be recently renovated with a microwave and refrigerator. As extra touches the room also had emergency glow sticks in case of power failure and an umbrella. The soundproofing between rooms could use some improvement as I could hear conversations in the adjoining room.

The Manager's reception was a a nice addition and unexpected for the price. The breakfast buffet was alright, consisting of the basic make your own waffle, cereal and baked goods plus a hot entree item.
Within an easy walk there are a Black Angus and Marie Callendar's restaurants, plus lots of other choices within an easy drive.

For a hotel in a tech-centric environment, the room was lacking in accessible power outlets for charging equipment.The cable television menu was rather limited. The outdoor pool area was a nice place to relax.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Barbara P, General Manager at Maple Tree Inn, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
I appreciate your review. We do try to think of things for the rooms that could improve our guests stay, and respond to suggestions or needs as they arise. I realize that in the last phase of our renovation, earlier this year we made a change that effected the electrical outlets at desk level. Luckily this was not all of our rooms. We are looking for a solution and will make those changes soon, in the mean time all the night stands do have outlets at the height of the bed. Thank you and I hope we meet on a return visit to the hotel.
pune
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed at Maple Tree in Feb.2014 for a week while on a business trip.
Location is convenient. Rooms are big and neatly maintained.
They have same menu for the breakfast.
Good option for Business Travelers

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We have many business travelers who stay with us during the week, and we are also a perfect location to relax by our pool or take a trip to Great America or the Winchester Mystery House on the weekends.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 29 March 2014

stayed here for a night- rooms were average, the location was perfect for traveling to either santa clara or palo alto. The breakfast fare was strictly average- in fact the room resembled more of a silicon valley canteen with all the techie around :)
recommended for a stay if you are looking for something affordable and not very high on expectations!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Barbara P, General Manager at Maple Tree Inn, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Being in the Silicon Valley many of our clients do work in the tech industry so we do have high speed WI FI to help keep everyone connected. There is a large variety at breakfast, from a standard Japanese breakfast, to a full American breakfast with expanded fare such as fresh vegetables, fresh waffles and some gluten free options. We are open to suggestions and make changes based on the feedback we get from our clients finding a balance to please most. Thank you again and I hope to see you when you return to the Valley!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

I was expecting so much more.. The room I was in was recently renovated and every single room around it was still being renovated.. So much for peace and quiet!

The room was very nice , I stayed for two nights and when I went to pay for two more nights they wouldn't accept my debit card.. Which makes no sense when they accepted it for the last two nights and had no problem charging me and holding my $50 deposit for over a week!

I tried explaining it to the front desk that it's not my problem the person who checked me in didn't make sure it was a credit card. Never the less she did not care and had no intention on helping me understand why I couldn't pay for two more nights. Since all the hotels were booked and over priced I decided to cut my Sunnyvale trip short and I won't be returning or recommending this hotel to ANYONE!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Lauren L
Barbara P, General Manager at Maple Tree Inn, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
I apologize for not handling this situation in a way that was not offensive to you, and that we did not notice you had originally checked in with a prepaid /debit card.
We have adopted the policy of not accepting debit or prepaid cards which we indicate on our registration, for several reasons, one being the holding of authorized funds. We have no control of when the funds will be released and this has caused frustration as you yourself experienced. As a result of funds being held, when trying to access those funds you are unable to make the purchases you wish. Although prepaid credit /debit cards may seem like a viable option we have found that they cause a lot of aggravation for the holder of the card when using them for hotel stays, car rentals or any other type of purchase that requires a hold on funds over time.
Friendswood, Texas, United States
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This is an older hotel that was refurbished. The rooms are passable, but I came back after a ten-hour day to find that my room hadn't been serviced. I am not a slob and the minimum expectation you should have from a hotel is that your room should be serviced. Stay away from this place.

Room Tip: There are a lot of other better hotels in Sunnyvale. This place was convenient for me, but come on...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Barbara P, General Manager at Maple Tree Inn, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
I understand your frustration, after a long day at work, coming back to the hotel and finding the room had not been cleaned. I apologize for this inconvenience but am glad to know that we were able to service your room once your returned. I have discussed this situation with the Executive Housekeeper and we are putting into place systems to avoid this happening in the future. I am grateful that you brought this to our attention.
Lancaster, California
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Work brings me to town about once every 6 weeks for a 4 night stay. Compared to the other hotel our company uses in the area, this is by far the best. The rooms are clean, though nothing special in size or comfort; the staff is friendly, professional and efficient; the free breakfast & happy hour food is very good, fresh and tasty.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Barbara P, General Manager at Maple Tree Inn, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
It is great to have you back again! Thank you for mentioning the breakfast and hospitality hour. We are always looking for ways to keep it fresh and tasty so it is nice to hear that we are succeeding.
See you next time.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
The Grand Hotel
Cupertino Inn
Cupertino Inn
#1 of 5 in Cupertino
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale

Been to Maple Tree Inn? Share your experiences!