“The best in Susanville and the most accommodating.”

Diamond Mountain Casino and Hotel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Susanville
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I have stayed here a few times and every time has been wonderful. The beds are so comfortable, I haven't found any other hotel that compares to the beds here. The rooms are always very clean and you have everything you need in your room. My kids love the pool they have a blast when they are here. For the price its the best place to stay I would recommend it to all my friends and family. Thank you.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank alison2930
This_Hotel_Guy, Manager at Diamond Mountain Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Alison, Thank you so much. I will post your review for the entire staff. Its always nice to hear that the efforts of the staff are paying off. Gary

Reviewed 23 December 2012

I was heading to Reno by way of Susanville Ca. Big storm and icy roads, myself and three other friends decided to play it safe and spend the night. One of my friends suggested the above because she had gone to there dance club.
The room was nice and clean comfortable. A suggestion I would have is that they put real coffee makers in with real creamer. The two cup coffee makers are slow and require thinking in the morning when a person needs coffee to read the instructions. I noticed other people thought they were broken. There not, I initially thought the same. There to complicated for a person whose is half asleep! LOL!
The food was good at the restaurant and affordable. What I thought was interesting is people could smoke in the restaurant. For me that seriously distracts from the good food that's being served. If I had not been snowed in I would have ate somewhere else.
90% of the staff is very helpful and friendly. The other ten percent is the opposite.
I'm bring these things up so that management might address them. I think they are easy fixes. This is why I rated it average.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
This_Hotel_Guy, Manager at Diamond Mountain Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2012

Dear Carol, Thank you for staying with us. We always appreciate learning where we can improve. Gary

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Yes it is true that this is probably the best hotel in Susanville but that is not saying much. First off it is difficult to find. The hotel was probably once quite nice but starting to get cluttered, tired and junky. The lobby has huge signs advertising the $10 shop that sells jewelry, watches, etc., Nail Saloon, etc. Furniture in room is starting to get tired. The Keurig coffee machine was broken in my room. I went downstairs to get an Americano from the lobby coffee shop. Lots of staff enjoying the coffee bar and chatting. Tough to get their attention. Standing at the counter, your direct vision is of the sink and lots of containers of disgusting chemicals which make me nervous of how the equipment was cleaned. But then I looked at the floor and doubted that much cleaning was getting done. View from our room was of the back parking lot and clutter of leftover beer kegs, building materials and junk. Yes, we would stay again if we had too but will definitely plan our trips south so that we do not stop in Susanville. This hotel totally caters to Casino users.

Room Tip: Hotel is on the reservation, out of town and there are very few signs. Difficult to find.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MargiMC
This_Hotel_Guy, Manager at Diamond Mountain Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Dear Margi, Thank you very much for your information. We always appreciate knowing where we can improve. Gary

Reviewed 6 October 2012

This is a nice small hotel. It's a bit out of the way, in the mountains just a few miles out of Susanville. Nice view, quiet. The bed was incredibly comfortable... I didn't want to get up for a change! Only problem I had was the Keurig coffee maker doesn't work... but I'm sure they'll take care of that when I tell them. Very polite staff. The restaurant in the casino is excellent , and the prices incredibly reasonable. The gas station is next door and is much cheaper than in town. It is a bit tricky finding the place, make sure you have directions as we missed the small sign in town totally in the congestion. And there is NO sign at all at the entry that we could see, until we passed it and there's a sign that says "make a u turn if you are going to Casino". That was just weird. Once we found it, it's a nice place.

Room Tip: Be careful using their web site for direct booking - make sure you get a confirmation number. I did...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
This_Hotel_Guy, Manager at Diamond Mountain Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Dear crangrammy, Thank you very much. I apologize for the signage, we have very strict city regulations. I will personally look into the website problem. Gary

Reviewed 21 September 2012

A wonderful hotel attached to a bizarre casino. The rooms are very comfortable, clean and upgraded. Smoke isn't a problem. As a former, reforming smoker (15 days), the smoke in the casino didn't bother me. The casino is penny slots and has machines which spin a win....but we can't figure them out. Stay here. Clean, fun and different.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
This_Hotel_Guy, Manager at Diamond Mountain Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2012

Maggie, Thank you very much. Please keep up the good work quitting smoking. I am but 2 1/2 years clean myself. Gary

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Hubby and I spent one night in the business executive suite at this hotel. We were very impressed! The room was clean and nicely kept. The bed was comfy and the shower was great! I am SO tired of people going to a casino and expecting not to smell smoke, then griping about it when they do smell smoke. I am not a smoker (and do not judge those who do) but do expect to smell some smoke when going onto a casino floor. However, there was very little smoke smell at all! The filters they have in the casino are very good! What I really liked is we asked a couple of workers if hubby could smoke his cigar in the casino and they were very happy to state "sure!" The personnel in the casino and coffee counter were very nice and helpful. They do not serve liquor in the casino (they have soda and coffee dispensers), but one can order a drink at the bar and carry it into the casino. The slots paid off nicely for us. :) The greeting at the front desk was not overly friendly, but nice enough. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrsLive4ever
This_Hotel_Guy, Manager at Diamond Mountain Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

MrsLive4Ever, We are so glad you noticed our filters. Our maintenance team has worked very hard to find a mix of fresh air and the proper filtering devices while saving energy costs. Thank you very much, Gary

Reviewed 8 August 2012

Just returned from one-night stay with family members. We loved this hotel. It is very clean, nice and comfortable. The rooms are spacious and well-appointed. The amenities are great - business center, indoor pool, gym, salon. The casino is small, but there is a separate room for non-smokers. The restaurant is reasonably priced, has good food and the staff is very friendly and courteous. I loved this hotel and would absolutely stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
This_Hotel_Guy, Manager at Diamond Mountain Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

lv2travel, thank you very much. I will post this for all staff to read. They always appreciate being noticed. Gary