“Not Thrilled”

GreenLeadersGold level
Tahoe
“Not Thrilled”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I've stayed here on business trips many times over the past few years, and for a while had a corporate account. Room assignment staff never seems to remember that, and will book me into a room across from the ice machine on one-night stays, even when the property is obviously not full. The casino is a magnet for local smokers, and the smell of tobacco smoke permeates the property notwithstanding some serious ventilation equipment. The rooms are almost always very clean, but suffer from such dim lighting that I find reading impossible. The property benefits from a lack of local competition, though, and still seems to be the hotel of choice among business travelers.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
This_Hotel_Guy, Manager at Diamond Mountain Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Movnout, Thank you for your review. You can request any part of the hotel you like at check in. Hope to see you back. Gary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Lake Almanor Peninsula, California
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed overnight for some me time I enjoyed my stay the room was nice so was the staff I will stay there again . If you are in the Susanville , Calif area go and stay at the Casino/Motel the food is great the rooms nice and the slots do pay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
This_Hotel_Guy, Manager at Diamond Mountain Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear BootsandLace, Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your staying with us and look forward to your return. Gary
St. George, Utah
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I travel throughout the country exclusively calling-on power plants. My travels take me to remote locations, especially for geothermal or Hydro-electric facilities. Often times hotel accomodations are primitive, to say the least. I was pleasantly surprised by Diamond Mountain Casino. It offers a granduer not often seen in a distant community. Susanville is not a major city, nor does it have the trappings of a major destination - that would not be the indication of my stay at the Casino. I envisioned a smoke-filled dirty place, but was pleasantly surprised by a friendly, clean and enjoyable stay equal to a four-star hotel. They had everything one could want; Spacious rooms, comfortable beds, a quiet environment, excellent food, Friendly people and a gas station next door to fill-up before 'hiting' the road.

Room Tip: Higher floors have no traces of cigarette smoke.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank bestsales123
This_Hotel_Guy, Manager at Diamond Mountain Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Bestsales, Thank you so very much for your kind, and we think accurate, review. I will post your review on our website and in all our breakrooms for the team members to enjoy. Gary
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We, myself and 3 friends came out for a weekend stay in September and were very please with EVERYTHING. We will definetly be coming back to stay again!! I tried to book the room in November but it was booked up. We were so disappointed.

Room Tip: Cannot go wrong here.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michele M
This_Hotel_Guy, Manager at Diamond Mountain Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Michelle, Thank you very much for your very kind (and we think accurate) review of our little property. Gary
Milwaukie, OR
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Although my room was clean, it was dated, and the shower was difficult to set to a temperature that didn't either burn me or freeze me. While my room was nonsmoking, the smoke from the casino pervaded the atmosphere to the point that I had to go buy allergy medicine I order not to cough and sneeze continually. I'll be back in Susanville next week but have changed hotels.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
This_Hotel_Guy, Manager at Diamond Mountain Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Wavemama, I hope you find a hotel you like. I am very sorry for your allergies, people less sensitive have complimented our nonsmoking hotel. Its not easy to keep smoke from the casino out and we have gone to great measures. We have also gone to great measures to reduce the smoke in the casino including giant powerful exhaust fans. We turn these on at the request of anyone and they chenge the air in the casino in about 5 minutes. Thank you, Gary
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We booked this hotel expecting to have a really nice stay however it was a big let down. The check-in was overly complicated and there was confusion over whether we had pre-paid or not. It was cleared up when we were served by someone else at check-out. The room was big, modern and clean. The wifi signal was excellent. There was no fridge in the room which would have been useful. It was a bit noisy. We ate in the restaurant and found the customer service to be ok. The food was inexpensive and reasonable. Despite a decent looking hotel, the smell of smoke all over the hotel really spoiled it for us.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CJSc0tt
Dear CJScott, Thank you for your kind words. The first time you check in is a bit involved as we want you to know of all the advantages to staying here. We do have rooms with refrigerators and microwaves available for the asking. I apologize for the smoke in the casino, it is a casino in America. I would change the title of your review from "Disappointment" to "Smokey but nice." Gary
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This hotel and casino was a disappointment to us, we thought it was fairly new but found out it is not. It looked like it had been built piece by piece. The casino has a bunch of little rooms. The place has seen better days. The room wasn't bad and the price was good. The food was good and the staff was very good also.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
This_Hotel_Guy, Manager at Diamond Mountain Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Dear Willy, Thank you very much for noticing our little casino. Gary