“such a wonderful welcome to us brits on 4th July”
Review of Apple Inn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Susanville
Apple Inn Motel
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Susanville
Reviewed 17 July 2012

what a wonderful day we had, in the morning at Lake Mono seeing 4th parade , given the stars & stripes flag by people there which we waved, but the evening at apple inn was something we will never forget, invited to L & J's staff celebration of independence day, good room, learnt from J, we are smokers so smoke outside, but now keep doors closed, thanks J, we don't want to upset others. and apart from millenium fireworks & our celebrations of the diamond jubillie we have not seen such a wonderful display of fireworks, amazing from such a small town, was a privialage to be there that night, we enjoyed it, and thanks for the hugs in the morning, zero complaints, was a wonderful place, and one of the cheapest we stayed at, but one of the best, heard no road noise, by the way got terri to talk slower so she is understood, regards to the guy who was involved in desert storm, pleasure to meet you all, kind regards Nick & Terri

Room Tip: if there is road noise we did not experience it, but we were furthest away from the road, if you are...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nick b

Reviewed 17 July 2012

Thank you to the Apple Inn from the Satos. We stayed there on 7/8/12 and had a pleasant experience. The owners were very nice and even gave us some snacks for the road and coupons for the casino (1/2 price dinner!) For a couple on a budget, this was a wonderful place for us to stay—the price can't be beat. I wasn't bothered by any road noise as other people have mentioned, but our room was also set back away from the road the most. It was by far the cleanest hotel/motel I've ever seen and I've stayed at hotels/motels of all kinds. I would definitely stay there again if ever in the area. The little drive-thru coffeeshop a few blocks down the street is excellent for breakfast!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the road have the least amount of noise. The casino has pretty decent food and is op...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joni S
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I stopped at the Apple Inn after finding that the local Super 8 was way overpriced. It is a small mom and pop style motel, with only a few rooms, right on the main road. My room, #8, was toward the back, further from the road, and parking was right at the door. The room was spotless and adecuately furnished for my needs. There were two full size beds. Matress was firm, just the way I like it and pillows were very comfortable. There is a small dresser with two drawers and mirror and also a TV, microwave and small fridge in an adjoining unit. It's actually the same piece of furniture. A round table with two chairs complete the furnishings. There is also a luggage alcove with suitcase rack and a clothes bar with a few attached hangers. The bathroom has a small stand alone sink, toilet, and a tub/shower unit with sliding doors. A sufficient number of towels was provided. The shower was the best part of the whole stay. Water pressure is super high and I just wanted to stand under it all night. And the doors prevent any water from making it onto the floor. All in all, a very pleasant one night stop on my road trip, and I would highly recommend It to other travelers. The only possibly negative comment I would make is the room lighting. It is quite dim. There is a ceiling light with two bulbs, but not very bright ones. And there are two wall lamps, one between the two beds and the other across the room over the table. However the lamps use the small candelabra type bulbs and it was a bit hard to read maps or write. Room cost was $45, plus tax, for a total of $49.50.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank ELHS220
Reviewed 23 March 2012

This is a great little motel. Probably the cleanest motel room I've ever stayed in. Has great wireless internet for doing my work at night. Great little back yard area I can't wait to use in warmer weather. Beds are firm, rates are very affordable. The owners are wonderful people. I will definitely be back and recommend this motel to all my co-workers who travel to Susanville.

Room Tip: get the rooms farther from the road if possible. Traffic on Main St. is light at night, though.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Wildroze25
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Very small motel with rooms very close to the road. Rates are low. Rooms are cleaned thoroughly, are a little large than average with a small dining area, but mattresses are old and very hard. Road noise is really bad, trucks & such going by so near to rooms can be a problem even with ear plugs. I might stay here again anyway if I find out they have replaced the matresses, but you probably want ear plugs. Folks that run the inn are very nice, but I understand they have been trying to sell it and retire for years so I hope any new owners operate it well.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank westerntravelwizard
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Over the past few months, I have stayed at the Apple Inn frequently. Yes, there are other Motels in the area but I find myself returning to the Apple Inn. The couple that owns the Apple Inn are awesome, this is the main reason for my return. I have called late, around 10pm and as early as 6am and have been treated like one of the family. Upon arrival to check in they always ask how you are, not how many night's. They always have a goody bag waiting, it is very warming. They are always around the office or the Motel working on something. I believe that the way that i was treated keeps me coming back, just like family. I would say that if you are ever in the area, and are staying over, make this the first place you try to book.

Room Tip: Try to request a room in the back.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank 708Chuck708
Reviewed 2 July 2011

This small motel was so clean and the owners so friendly that it really made the day for 3 folks that were on motorcycles all day. The price was great. I requested an extra pillow and was given one gladly. The owner gave us old towels to clean the bugs off of our motorcycles. There is a gas station and mini mart next door...perfect !! They have a grass sitting area under a gazebo where we spent the evening re-living our last 7 days on bikes. A true Mom & Pop motel that was a gem to find !! At check in, they gave us all sorts of coupons for use at the near by Casino. We'll stay again if ever in the area.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends