“It's ok for $50, but bedding needs improvement”
Review of Apple Inn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Susanville
Apple Inn Motel
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Susanville
Reviewed 17 September 2012 via mobile

I am not as enthusiastic about this motel as other reviewers.

It is ok, but the rooms by the highway are quite noisy and the bedding has holes in it and is literally falling apart. The pillows are flat ans absolutely awful. The TV screen is about 20 inches (computer size).

On the plus side, it looks clean.

I would not stay here again and would only recommend if you are looking for very modest accomodations on a tight budget.

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank LCMC55

Reviewed 13 September 2012

What a wonderful feeling to be on the road, and happen into a place that feels like home and family!

The Apple Inn in Susanville is just that place! On Main Street, Susanville, you will find all the comforts of home, from a by-gone era. The rooms are immaculate, the furnishings are quaint, and the beds are comfortable. The rooms are each unique, and different.
Like going to Grandma's and staying in the Guestroom, the Apple Inn is welcoming to many a weary traveler.

Jay and Lorna, the owners, welcome you to a wonderful, and restful place to hang your hat, for a night or a week..it's the BEST value, incredibly low prices, and the most pleasant lodging within 80 miles of Reno, off Hwy 395. After registering in the beautifully appointed Office, you get to choose your goodie bag from a wicker basket filled with comfort snacks! (Who doesn't look forward to that?)
You are then presented with your big brass key to the best rest in Susanville. The showers have actual, (generous), shower-heads..something that is refreshing in itself!! As you drift off to sleep..you will appreciate the comfortable beds and quiet of thick walls and a peaceful night!!

There is a private park/ garden area that has BBQ's and a Horseshoe Pit! There is a covered patio for relaxing and taking in the evening sky..complete with lush green grass.

The Apple Inn is an oasis from high priced chain lodging. Personality Plus awaits you at the Apple Inn!!!

Room Tip: If you need more room..ask for room #7..it has 2 rooms with 2 beds, and an foyer!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank pdcirclem
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I'd read good reviews before choosing to stay here. It's a good deal money-wise, the least expensive around. And the service was good - friendly, helpful, etc. At check-in they have a goodie basket from which you can each choose 2 snack items. The place has obviously been refurbished & well cared for & was exceptionally clean. But the bed was awful!

Room Tip: Ask to check the rooms if you're worried about the bed comfort. Some may be better than others.
5  Thank rsocha
Reviewed 17 July 2012

what a wonderful day we had, in the morning at Lake Mono seeing 4th parade , given the stars & stripes flag by people there which we waved, but the evening at apple inn was something we will never forget, invited to L & J's staff celebration of independence day, good room, learnt from J, we are smokers so smoke outside, but now keep doors closed, thanks J, we don't want to upset others. and apart from millenium fireworks & our celebrations of the diamond jubillie we have not seen such a wonderful display of fireworks, amazing from such a small town, was a privialage to be there that night, we enjoyed it, and thanks for the hugs in the morning, zero complaints, was a wonderful place, and one of the cheapest we stayed at, but one of the best, heard no road noise, by the way got terri to talk slower so she is understood, regards to the guy who was involved in desert storm, pleasure to meet you all, kind regards Nick & Terri

Room Tip: if there is road noise we did not experience it, but we were furthest away from the road, if you are...
1  Thank nick b
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Thank you to the Apple Inn from the Satos. We stayed there on 7/8/12 and had a pleasant experience. The owners were very nice and even gave us some snacks for the road and coupons for the casino (1/2 price dinner!) For a couple on a budget, this was a wonderful place for us to stay—the price can't be beat. I wasn't bothered by any road noise as other people have mentioned, but our room was also set back away from the road the most. It was by far the cleanest hotel/motel I've ever seen and I've stayed at hotels/motels of all kinds. I would definitely stay there again if ever in the area. The little drive-thru coffeeshop a few blocks down the street is excellent for breakfast!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the road have the least amount of noise. The casino has pretty decent food and is op...
1  Thank Joni S
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I stopped at the Apple Inn after finding that the local Super 8 was way overpriced. It is a small mom and pop style motel, with only a few rooms, right on the main road. My room, #8, was toward the back, further from the road, and parking was right at the door. The room was spotless and adecuately furnished for my needs. There were two full size beds. Matress was firm, just the way I like it and pillows were very comfortable. There is a small dresser with two drawers and mirror and also a TV, microwave and small fridge in an adjoining unit. It's actually the same piece of furniture. A round table with two chairs complete the furnishings. There is also a luggage alcove with suitcase rack and a clothes bar with a few attached hangers. The bathroom has a small stand alone sink, toilet, and a tub/shower unit with sliding doors. A sufficient number of towels was provided. The shower was the best part of the whole stay. Water pressure is super high and I just wanted to stand under it all night. And the doors prevent any water from making it onto the floor. All in all, a very pleasant one night stop on my road trip, and I would highly recommend It to other travelers. The only possibly negative comment I would make is the room lighting. It is quite dim. There is a ceiling light with two bulbs, but not very bright ones. And there are two wall lamps, one between the two beds and the other across the room over the table. However the lamps use the small candelabra type bulbs and it was a bit hard to read maps or write. Room cost was $45, plus tax, for a total of $49.50.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank ELHS220
Reviewed 23 March 2012

This is a great little motel. Probably the cleanest motel room I've ever stayed in. Has great wireless internet for doing my work at night. Great little back yard area I can't wait to use in warmer weather. Beds are firm, rates are very affordable. The owners are wonderful people. I will definitely be back and recommend this motel to all my co-workers who travel to Susanville.

Room Tip: get the rooms farther from the road if possible. Traffic on Main St. is light at night, though.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business