“Good bed, clean room, excellent value for money”
Review of Apple Inn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Susanville
Apple Inn Motel
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Susanville
Reviewed 16 April 2013

This motel is exactly the type of establishment we're looking for when we travel: A good (firm) bed, a clean room (and shower), microwave, fridge, heating that works, and fast & reliable Internet. All this ... and a friendly owner.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JKlaveness

Reviewed 3 April 2013

I had a chance to stay at the Apple Inn for 3 nights in late March. What a great little place. After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor I took other peoples advice and booked my stay. Jay and Lorna (the owners) might just be the nicest people that live in Susanville! What a lucky find. The rooms were very comfortable and as clean as can be. I was traveling alone and it was perfect for me. I don't require fancy when I'm by myself. Now get this- They asked if I needed any laundry done and Lorna said she would keep an eye on my truck at night. You guys are amazing! Thanks for the great stay and I'm sure I will be back. Lorna, I hope your mother is doing better...

Room Tip: Get the one that's vacant!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Bradley M
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We were headed to a camping/hiking trip to SW Utah and were looking for an inexpensive place to spend the night the night. The Apple Inn is very clean and has been recently updated and painted. The rooms are small and they don't provide a hair dryer, but for the price it can't be beat. We stayed at a room at the back of the property and the room was very quiet - we couldn't hear street noise or the rooms next door. On our way home, we chose again to stay at this motel. This time we had a room closer to the main street and we could hear some traffic noise. The owners are very friendly and personable and provide some snacks when you check in. For the price, the Apple Inn is excellent!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the property are much quieter than those near the main road.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jann01
Reviewed 21 December 2012

I wish I had gotten the names of the couple that run Apple Inn. I pulled in fairly late at night, was very tired, and wanted to park my truck and car trailer and go to bed.

They were very friendly and helpful. Even helped direct me on parking my vehicle so I could get out easily in the morning.

I wish I had the opportunity to stay in Susanville more often because I would stay at the Apple Inn every chance I got!

Thank you!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This past weekend was one of many stays I now feel comfortable in giving a fair review it's a great place to rest your head! The staff makes you feel right at home, the room have been immaculate. The best price in town, Though you are near main street you do not hear any of the street traffic.

Room Tip: I like room four
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Liz A
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Great value. Very clean and recently painted inside and out. Lorna, the proprietor, gave us an excellent referral for dinner in town. She was also very social and kind to us. We thought the interior furnishings were in great shape, and not too noisy since we had a room towards the back. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank STEPHEN G
Reviewed 17 September 2012 via mobile

I am not as enthusiastic about this motel as other reviewers.

It is ok, but the rooms by the highway are quite noisy and the bedding has holes in it and is literally falling apart. The pillows are flat ans absolutely awful. The TV screen is about 20 inches (computer size).

On the plus side, it looks clean.

I would not stay here again and would only recommend if you are looking for very modest accomodations on a tight budget.

• Stayed: September 2012