“Possibly the best place to eat in Susanville”
Review of El Tepeyac Grille

El Tepeyac Grille
Ranked #9 of 43 Restaurants in Susanville
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: PH: 530-2577220
Description: PH: 530-2577220
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Of all the places we've tried so far in Susanville, this is the best. I loved my chicken fajita and the service was great. We will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Looking at the jammed parking lot, I almost did not go into this restaurant. I am quite glad I did not make that mistake. I was seated in moments and waited upon almost instantly.

Chips and salsa came quickly, my beverage was right behind, and I have no idea how my entree was prepared so quickly given the bustling nature of the place. It was a very impressive display of organization with a smile.

My food--arroz con pollo--was better than average. If I lived nearby, this would be a go to place.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We arrived late and squeezed in right before closing. Our server was hilarious. The entire staff was so friendly and our food arrived within 10 minutes. We will stop here again.

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

El Tepeyac Mexican Grille in Susanville, California goes WAY beyond expectations.
The unassuming exterior holds the greatest secret in Susanville. Incredible food,and amazingly reasonable prices!
The portions are HUGE and the service is spot on.
If you want to eat your way into oblivion, take enough home for days, and LONG to return to Susanville, Ca just to eat...visit El Tepeyac Grille.
You'll never be the same!

Reviewed 24 August 2013

This restaurant provides a very solid American/Mexican dining experience. We walked about a mile to get to this restaurant since we were in a Uhaul towing our car and didn't want to get involved in parking issues. Both my wife and I would have to say the walk was worth it. Admittedly we got there at old folks hours and were the first diners in the house. But the greeting was warm and friendly, the salsas were tasty and chips were crisp. Having lived and traveled in Mexico for a number of years believe me when I say I know what constitutes a great margarita. As one of the simpler drinks in the world (three ingredients: tequila, orange lacquer, and lime juice), margaritas get screwed up all over the place, mostly with the dreaded yellow bar sour mix. But the Top Shelf Margarita at El Tepeyac (Cazadores Reposado, lime juice, splash of Couintreau) was quite tasty and was a reasonable representative of what a margarita should be. The food was tasty if not spectacular and the service remained friendly and appropriately attentive. And with two dinners and 4 Top Shelf Margaritas, the tab came to $40. I was very pleasantly surprised. If you find yourself in Susanville, I would definitely recommend El Tepeyac Grille!