“verry good ,clean and comfortable”

Budget Host Frontier Inn
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Susanville
Los Angeles, California
“verry good ,clean and comfortable”
Reviewed 7 September 2012

we were passing through from Portland, OR. area at midnight, After a long drive wanted a good night sleep.when we pulled over we saw an old vegan in front , we thought it was kind of different . the room was given was very clean with good bed . Front desk clerk was very nice, we needed an extra pillow and she provided that as well at middle of night. i would go and stay at budget host frontier inn again, Its a very good motel with good bed and clean rooms

Room Tip: A frame are the best of the best , very unique.. i loved it
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
costa blanca
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We arrived in Susanville on our way to Mc Call Idaho and wanted a good nights sleep after a long drive , we booked in and was given a room on the left of the Motel which had the roof coming down to the floor , I was a bit dubious when I pulled up to it did not know what to expect , but when we got inside it had all been renovated with what looked like new wood boarding to the A frame roof , new furniture and bed , new bathroom and a fridge and microwave , we got our good nights sleep .
We paid $49.50 which was about $30 dollars less than the Super 8 and it could not have been more clean and comfy , I would certainly stay there again but would ask for one of these rooms with the roof going to the floor .
There was plenty of parking in front of the rooms which made it easy to carry our cases in , plus the fact we did not have any one above us with heavy feet .

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms on the left with the A type roof
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jeanette51
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 June 2010

We were passing through. we had room booked , three bedroom suit was so comfortable for my big family , Staff was excellent.. We would go and spend our night again..

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Salem, OR
Reviewed 13 March 2010

There is no other way to describe it. There were ants in the bathroom and we woke up with what I assume to be flea bites. There were cigarette butts under the bed (and it was a non-smoking room), & garbage behind the dresser. It looked as though it hadn't been vacuumed...or at least they hadn't vacuumed behind any furniture in a long time because there was dust bunnies and lint all over the carpet, as well as what appeared to be a stain from ejaculation. There was a broken recliner in the room that had peices of wood exposed with nails sticking out of it. The room had jalousie windows (glass shutters) and 2 of the panels were broken. The light fixture in the bathroom hadn't been dusted in so long that the top of it looked black. On top of the dirty room, the customer service was horrible. When we first arrived, there was a note on the door that said to ring the bell, so I rang the bell and nobody came so I rang it again. I looked inside and found the man sleeping at the desk. His wife, who was actually very nice, had to come down and check me in. Also, there were only 2 pillows in the room so we called to get a couple more and nobody answered the phone. We had to call multiple times before getting through. Then an hour and a half later the pillows hadn't arrived and again we had to call multiple times before getting an answer to remind them to bring us the pillows. We had called around town for the best prices and they said it would only be $45 plus an extra $5 for our dog, yet our bill still came out to $61, so go stay at the Super 8...its right down the street and its only $10 more and its not filthy. This place was so gross that I'm calling the Health Department and reporting it.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ed9509

Travellers are raving about these Susanville hotels

Los Altos, CA
Reviewed 9 October 2009

Called hotel to cancel my reservation, had an extra room I did not need. Could not cancel on internet site due to their site problems, so called Budget Host 800 number and explained problem. They connected me directly to hotel, since 800 number only handles reservations. When I was transferred to Susanville hotel via the 800 line, the woman (obvious Indian accent) at the hotel starts telling me right away I should never call them on that line because it costs them $1.00 per minute. I said, "excuse me, I called through your 800 number" and she replied "no you did not, and this call costs me money". THEN SHE HUNG UP ON ME.

Ultimately I was able to cancel my reservation after calling the Budget Host offices directly in Texas and airing my complaint. But geez, what absolutely terrible customer relations from this hotel. They expect me to stay there?

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank cverbil
Sun City, CA
Reviewed 25 June 2009

Offering expected facilities and comforts, Budget Host Frontier Inn, Susanville is an ideal place for a pleasant as well as a relaxing stay. The Budget Host Frontier Inn is conveniently located with easy access to key area attractions such as the Cinema, Casino.
The manager and clerk was so helpful. Will stay next time when i visit Susanville.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mrunal P
california
Reviewed 18 June 2009

yes i would stay at budgethost again.. Room was clean. Service was excellent, and rate was perfact for my budget.. My kids and I enjoyed our stay

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family