“Five star service, great wines, nice property, but food only average”
Review of Bellotti's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bellotti's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 25 May 2013

The service was fantastic with great management presence and attention to all the details that make a dining experience great. However, the food could have been much better with simple changes. For example, the chicken dishes we ordered were flavorful and hot, but the vegetable medley was frozen "california blend" from a bag. We certainly don't travel all the way to California to have frozen vegetables served to us in a wine country restaurant, and I don't expect anyone else would either. It's this simple reason alone that caused me to give an average rating to an otherwise much above average overall experience.

1  Thank CFMWvisitor

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Where do I start, steak sandwich ordered med, was well done and tough as a boot, calamari was rubber and came with a horrible sauce that might as well had been catsup, speaking of catsup a FLY dive bombed his way into ours as soon as food arrived, he was not flying solo and that is disgusting. On the bright side, my mom loved her food.....but she has Alzheimer's she would have eaten the fly. Will never go back again, this place sucks!!!

Reviewed 26 March 2013

The food was great as was the service. On Saturday nights they have a woman come in who plays the piano. She is sublime. We'll be going back for my birthday dinner.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

The pastas are very good, with either the Alfredo or the red sauce. The scampi was another story. Mine arrived swimming in a very watery sauce with soggy mushrooms. It was like eating a shrimp soup and the appearance was very unappetizing. So my advice if you dine here is to stick with the pasta menu and you will not be disappointed.

The waitress was friendly and and accommodating and the maitre d' was going out of his way to ask all the diners if their dinners were OK. He said it was very important to him to check out how well the food is being prepared. Since my son was obviously enjoying his pasta dishes, I was not asked how I liked my scampi, so I did not tell him that it was really awful.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

If you like your veal thin and tender, this is not the place for it. The ribs were great, as was the pasts and meatballs