Friends raved about this B&B so we were excited to experience the Hanford House. I made our reservations 2 months in advance and put half down on a $600 stay of only 2 nights. No follow up emails in those two months to ask when we might be checking in or to let us know that check in time wasn't until 3pm. We showed up at 1:30pm and the doors were locked. The hostess, who finally opened the door, was so fake and flat out rude! We're very understanding and would have been happy to check our luggage at the desk, since our ride dropped us off, and disappear until 3pm check in. She wasn't even concerned we had nowhere to put our bags and told us to go shopping and walk the streets!! With our bags!! It's really difficult taking anyone seriously that has a huge, fake smile plastered on her face and every word out of her mouth equated to, sorry, you're out of luck! Especially since we reserved a cottage, one of the most expensive rooms on the property! Absolutely no effort to please her customer or to apologize for no follow up email.
The cottage was beautiful. Until the towel rod fell off the wall because it was glued on, not screwed on, and almost broke my foot. And the jacuzzi tub wall kept falling down, exposing the plumbing.
Every B&B in the past has asked us what we would like for breakfast the day prior. They were prepared for us to arrive and had breakfast started. The mood was always relaxing. Not at the Hanford House. Here you get a certificate for breakfast at their restaurant, which is open to the public. And where you have to wait in line to get a seat with the public. And guess who seated us?? Yes, Fake Girl. Not a genuine bone in her body.
The food was good. The Motherlode omelet was great. The 45 min wait to get our food in an extremely noisy restaurant? Sucked.
Overall, not caring of the customer's experience. And not relaxing at all. I've heard the owner is nice. Maybe too nice to fire Fake Girl. Not recommending to friends and not going back. The Foxes Inn is way primo for nice staff and quiet luxury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn features ten tastefully decorated air conditioned guest rooms, all with full private baths, robes, telephone, cable television, fireplaces, homemade breakfast and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your The Hanford House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hanford House Hotel Sutter Creek
- The Hanford House Bed And Breakfast Inn