“Fine Dining In Sutter Creek!”
Review of Hotel Sutter

Hotel Sutter
Ranked #4 of 22 Restaurants in Sutter Creek
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We are locals and are very excited about dining at Hotel Sutter. Our special dinner is the Rack of Lamb, we were wondering why it took so long to get our dinner, the Chef came out later and said that it had not been cooked to our request and they made us 2 new orders. We are yet to be unsatisfied with any meal, love the Beef Brisket, Seafood Pasta, Salmon and Appetizers, Calamari Rings, Brusell Sprouts, Cheese Platter, all .are delicious. We were there on Mother's Day and everything was perfect, they did have specific seatings for the , we were a group of 15 and they accommodated us in every way, most enjoyable experience. The Chef is great and the Servers are wonderful and attentive. On most recent experience would stay that the Maitre D Station needs improvement, changes made were not for the better. We want to thank the Owners for all their efforts of making Hotel Sutter a true dining experience, doing a great job. Look forward to trying the Balcony. As mentioned we have eaten here many times, some with another couple, several friends and family.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

And those are just the appetizers! They were SO good...I wanted to then try the 10 OTHER starters - and will make the trip again from Tahoe...just to try them all! The service was great, try the House Red & White wines....they are delicious! The homemade breads - especially the Jalapeno cheese was addictive! And...my seafood linguine in a perfect cream sauce, with just the right amount of spice...divine! Now...let me get back to those Mussels! The chef made a special Thai curry sauce that night for the mussels, which were cooked to perfection and so fresh. I couldn't stop eating them and soaked up every bit of sauce with the bread. After I went on and on about the special appetizer to Chef Darius - he said he'd likely add this to the starters, along with the original mussels in a red sauce. YAY! I could go on and on....but recommend you try it for yourself. We stayed the night in the newly renovated hotel rooms, which are immaculately clean and tastefully decorated with a old and new feeling to them. Simply can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Awesome setting. Nice place to eat after day of tasting in Almador. Bring your local wine purchase! The salmon was great, other choices in our group were very good, but not memorable.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had the rehearsal dinner for our son's wedding here. The room was perfect and the food was delicious. It was a very hot day but inside was nice and cool. We were especially impressed by the wonderful service. Thank you Hotel Sutter for a special evening!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I'm writing about the Bar/Lounge located down and right of the Hotel Sutter. They serve "hands down" the best buger I've ever had. Hand made pattie at least a half of pound. Bacon, avocado, the works. $10. "Andrea the Bar Tender" is very nice and provided excellent service! I will stop every time I travel Highway 49.