Holland Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Buena Vista Motel(Buttonwillow)
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I stayed at the Holland Inn while I was in Taft for work. Rooms were spacious, and clean, and service was great. Looks like hotel has been remodeled recently. Asked for non smoking room, and to my surprise whole hotel was smoke free. The next time I am in Taft, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank prince_227143
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We stayed here over night prior to heading to a workshop early the next morning. The glory days of Taft are long past and this place reflected this. This old oil town is run down even though there are still many oil wells pumping all around it.

The room we were given was shabby and worn. The sheets seemed clean but the blanket was ready to be thrown out. One of reasons I selected this place is because it boosted a nice hot tub. Well the hot was part of the parking lot and the heater had burned out so we had to make do with luke warm water. It wasn't terrible, there was a nice waterfall feature, but not the experience I had hoped for.

The receptionist said that the place had just been bought, and there were new owners so maybe things will change, but check before you make your booking.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lhorthy
Mitesh P, General Manager at Holland Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Holland Inn and Suite for your stay in our area.

I am truly sorry for your experience with the Hotel. I would like to let you know that the hotel has been taken over by new owners who have renovated the hotel. New carpet, Paint and much more.

I hope you will came stay with us and give the new management chance to show their hospitality.

Thank You.

Reviewed 31 May 2011

We enjoyed our two night stay. The room was big, service was great and the price was good! Asked for an iron at 6am and the clerk brought it to our room!!!! Very friendly staff. It's an old hotel but you can't really tell. I would definitely stay there again, in fact I already reserved it for July. Usually when I stay at a hotel I can't sleep well, but both nights I slept like a rock--very quiet and comfortable! I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Best hotel in town!!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2011

I've stayed here several times for work and found it to be comfortable and roomy. It's a little out of date and not fancy, but I like the big, open layout of the rooms. The clerks are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank dylonious
Reviewed 16 March 2009

My wife and I have visited the Taft area regularly for many years and have generally been happy here. We stayed in Mariposa last year, which didn't work out very well, and again this year at the Holland Inn, which didn't work out very well either. Old motels don't have to be cruddy places, but they often are. For the Holland Inn, cruddy would be a compliment.

During registration, I had to sign a form with sentences brightly highlighted releasing the motel from liability if anything was stolen from the room or our automobile. Perhaps they've had problems?

The room they put us in as dark, dingy, and freezing cold. Only one of the two ceiling lights worked and the one window was filthy. The carpet was dirty, and there was a cigarette burn that went completely through the bedspread. The heater / air conditioner was mounted close to the ceiling, making it possible to read the control panel only by climbing up on a low table. The bed was hard, and the sheets didn’t fit. We had wireless access but there wasn’t any working surface in the room unless you sat on the bed and held the computer in your lap.

We used the room for an hour, paid for it, and aren’t so fussy we wouldn’t have stayed there but were unexpectedly called away and wound up spending the night in Bakersfield. At the junction of hwy 58 and 99 there are several nice hotels and motels. We found a big, clean, comfortable room at the Best Western – a night and day difference from the Holland Inn and less expensive.

I don’t know of any good place to stay in Taft or Mariposa. We will continue making regular visits to the area, but plan to stay in Bakersfield.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple