The restaurant: I had a great dinner here. Our waitress was busy - she forgot our drink orders twice - but I appreciated that she stopped by often and ensured we were enjoying our meal. The food is absolutely wonderful. (Note: The only portion of the meal I wasn't crazy about was the Ahi Tuna "Fish and Chips." The Ahi was still partly frozen!) Everything else about the meal and the service was fantastic.
The room: We had a partial view of the lake, which was beautiful. The wine selection in the room is fun. Other than that, the accommodations are average but comfortable. It's not the least bit pretentious, and it was the perfect place to put my feet up for some much needed relaxation.
The staff: I paid for my room with a debit card, and on my online statement it appeared I'd been charged twice. Apparently this sometimes happens. The staff was very quick to explain what had happened, and assured me they had only run my card once. I appreciated their efforts (a lot of back and forth on the phone) to make sure I hadn't been overcharged.
Overall: Nice location, great restaurant, and excellent staff. With a few upgrades to their rooms (e.g. newer furniture and better pillows), they could easily become a hotel of choice in Tahoe. I have stayed here twice now, and I hope to be back soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunnyside's spectacular location on the pristine West Shore makes it the place to be in Lake Tahoe. Panoramic views of the lake and mountains beyond abound from nearly every table and during the summer, guests can also enjoy alfresco dining on Lake Tahoe’s largest outdoor deck.The Lakeside Dining Room features new American cooking – fresh, vibrant presentations of American classics with a focus on premium seafood and steaks. The award winning wine list has been carefully selected to complement the menu and offers a wide variety of wines including some rare & limited offerings. Our Mountain Grill offers a more casual atmosphere and is seated on a walk-in basis only.Sunnyside is also a classic lakefront lodge with guest accommodations overlooking Lake Tahoe. The 23 mountain inspired lodge rooms are inviting places to sink into after the day's activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sunnyside Restaurant and Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunnyside Restaurant Hotel Tahoe City
- Sunnyside Hotel Tahoe City
- Sunnyside Tahoe City