“Independence Day 2011 in Lake Tahoe at the Tamarack Lodge”
Review of Tamarack Lodge

Tamarack Lodge
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Tahoe City
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I just got back last night from Lake Tahoe. This was our first visit there. I truly enjoyed the service at the Tamarack Lodge, the room was very clean, I did not have a problem with the water, (maybe because it is summertime). The room had everything I needed. The kitchennette had pots and pans, cups, plates and glasses, a coffee-maker, toaster and microwave. Great value for the money! Every where else on the Lake was over $180 a night. We arrived earlier than anticipated and because the room was vacant, the manager let us check-in super early. My biggest problem was our upstairs neighbor, these people were so inconsiderate, they let their kids run while even late at nite. This wouldn't bother me so much if it was in the day time, but we are talking after 11:00pm. Maybe next time I stay there I will get a cabin. Great place to stay and save some $$$! The internet service was slow, but I was not there for business so it didn't really bother me.

Room Tip: Rent a cabin or stay on the 2nd floor not the 1st
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TheContreras_family
There are newer reviews for Tamarack Lodge

Reviewed 7 September 2010

Spent 2 nights here over the Labor Day weekend, for my first visit to Tahoe. The rooms were a bit dark and got quite chilly at night - I slept in my sweatshirt and socks. The water did not get hotter than lukewarm in the morning, but was hot for our afternoon post-beach showers.

The location isn't too bad, about a mile from Tahoe City so easy to walk there. However, it felt a bit too isolated for our group of 6 women in their late 20s. We drove to Kings Beach everyday or other places.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2010

We've stayed here a few times, the most recent was July 2009 and had a wonderful time. Very friendly Managers! I would highly recommend The Tamarack!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2010

We love staying at the lodge! The short nice walk to the lake is great, it is quiet and peaceful on the grounds. I have stayed in the motel rooms and a cabin in the back and was very happy with both. The large cabin in the front is beautiful. Sitting around the fire at night is great! The Inn Keepers (Susanne, Sean and Family) are very friendly and inviting!! We will be back soon! Can't beat the price for a nice vacation!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank cranerland
Reviewed 5 January 2010

I have stayed here 10 or more times and have never had any problems. The rooms all have fridges, microwaves and stove tops. The buildings are old, but they did remodel some years ago and put in double pane windows. If you're a big sissy and scared of a spider you might like the hilton better, but if you know what it means to stay in a building that is over 70 years old you understand spiders are our friends. I rather see a couple spider (although I have never personally seen one here) than know that they spay a bunch of toxic chemicals to kill them. The Front Street pizza place is fabulous and the Sawmill cafe has a great breakfast. Will be back many times I hope.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2009

Yes this place is about as cheap as you'll get around Lake Tahoe and it does show in what you get. That really doesn't excuse the general shabiness of the place though. Our cabin was in real need of updating - especially the bathroom. The bed was terribly uncomfotable - the base of the bed was actually about 2/3 the size of the mattress! I'm not that fussy so it really didn't ruin my stay but don't come with any great expectations.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2009

I stayed there for a weekend with our dive group and was welcomed in with open arms! The owners sat out with us by the fire and shared stories and their wine. They were wonderful!! The rooms were rustic cabins, though small, but it was just me, so I did not need much more. The grounds were nice as well, and it smelled of Pine. I would be happy to stay there again and have reserved a room in June. If you want a nice, quiet and relaxing place that is close, THIS IS THE PLACE!!

• Stayed: November 2008
#1 of 8 in Tahoe Vista
Granlibakken Tahoe
Granlibakken Tahoe
#2 of 7 in Tahoe City

Been to Tamarack Lodge? Share your experiences!