“Nice Place”
Review of Tahoe City Inn

Tahoe City Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Tahoe City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2010

My family and I have stayed at the Tahoe City Inn several times. Each visit has been a fun experience. The rooms are very clean, and the beds are comfortable. The staff is very nice an go out of their way to help you.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 July 2010

I stayed in Tahoe City Inn for two nights in July, the room was not nice. When got home we were bitten all over by bed bugs. It was discusting. When I rang the hotel to complain they said they were sorry and blamed the bites on insects in the forest, but we never in the forest and it really was just an excuse to get them out of the situation. When I sent pictures to prove it, they didnt even call or email me back. I just want to warn people who are thinking of staying there DONT DO IT!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2010

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, not even to an enemy. When we first opened up the door to our room, it smelled old and moldy, like it hadn't been cleaned or aired out in months. We had the double queen beds and in the room that I was in, the blinds didn't close. So if you were to get dressed or undressed, the people in the parking lot could enjoy a peep show. Plus, when the sun came up, it was blinding. That didn't matter because I was kept awake by the constant noise from the trucks unloading their goodies for the stores. Oh yeah, and our water was shut off twice, and we weren't even warned. We had to call the lobby to find out what was going on. The towels looked dirty. Stains on most of them. Hopefully they were washed. I felt so disgusted with the place, I kept my shoes on the whole time except for when I showered and went to bed. AVOID THIS PLACE until they do some renovations!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bugsy2323
Reviewed 6 February 2010

For some reason it's tough to find a bargain place to stay at North Shore Lake Tahoe in the winter - probably because it's ideally located to all the major ski resorts - northstar, squaw, alpine, mt rose, homewood, sugarbowl - to name a few. You can get a nice, clean and quiet place at south lake tahoe for less than 50 bucks = but trying to stay under 100 at tahoe city is a risk. The Tahoe City Inn is a great location - between two shopping centers and minutes to skiing - but hardly touched since it was built maybe 50 years ago. While the beds are nice and firm - don't look at the box springs as they will frighten you - must date from the original construction. And bring ear plugs - as you can clearly hear every conversation, tv station, and cough from rooms on both sides (no exaggeration). It's not the street noise that will drive you crazy - it will be the guy in the adjacent room with a cough that never stops. We paid 75 a nite - and being less than anything other than a bed bug infested dump - I can't say it was all bad. If you ski all day like we did - you'll fall asleep eventually even with the 2 am phone calls clearly heard from next door that you'll find less than amusing. And don't bother bringing your computer at 11 bucks a nite for wireless - it's part of the theme - just the room, that's all you'll get. (one blanket for a room with two towels). And ... better Ignore that musty smell of the towels... the replacements might smell worse (they must be saving on bleach).

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank onetravelman
Reviewed 13 September 2009

We stayed at the Tahoe City Inn for two nights in August. I can understand some of the other comments about it being a bit tired, but it is not pretending to be a glossy 4 star hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was a good size, and was clean with TV, mini fridge and microwave. Yes the rooms overlook the car park, but so what? At night you have the blinds closed, and during the day you will be out on the lake or surrounding area.
We were there for the weekend, so were able to take advantage of the free breakfast, and it was fine. Teas, Coffee, juices, bread, bagles, muffins cereal and fruit. Remember its free, and I have stayed at other places where a paid for breakfast has been pretty similar.
Location is great, walk out the front and you are on the Tahoe City main street , and out the back a walk across a car park brings you to the lake.
Next door is a Safeway, so you can pick up provisions easily.
TIP: A lot of the prices in Safeway are discounted if you hold a club card, but at first we assumed that we could not qualify as we are from UK. We asked, at the till, and no problem, just put your name and contact number on a form, and they hand over the club card. Believe me it can make a big difference to what you pay!

We would be happy to stay at the Tahoe City Inn again.
The only negative point that I would make is that there are no plates, cutlery or ceramic cups in the room, just styrofoam beakers and plastic cups. As they are providing a fridger and microwave, its a shame that there is nothing more substantial to eat\drink from

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2009

Website search does not do this place justice. Yadira and Nicole were so great and accomodating! The place was clean, romantic and very reasonably priced. The wine and appetizers in late afternoon and continental breakfast in the am were killer! We are going back this weekend!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2009

We arrived very late, or rather early, to Tahoe City. Thanks to the new owner, John, we were able to check in at 1:00 a.m. We had a delightful sleep on a very comfortable bed
and were greeted with good coffee and breakfast which we enjoyed while looking onto the very blue lake on a gorgeous day. The high altitude air was fresh and crisp smelling of pine trees. The drinking water was cool and delicious. Rosies Cafe was recommended by John and we dined there on several occasions. Tahoe City is a beautiful city; we felt very well taken care of during our stay. Next time, I will enjoy a bubble bath in the interesting jacuzzi tub!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
#1 of 7 in Tahoe City
Granlibakken Tahoe
Granlibakken Tahoe
#2 of 7 in Tahoe City

Been to Tahoe City Inn? Share your experiences!