“Beauty on the Lake”

Ranked #4 of 5 Tahoe City B&B and Inns
San Francisco, CA
“Beauty on the Lake”
Reviewed 31 July 2007

My wife, children and I stayed at the Tahoe City Inn for a few nights just to get out of the heat in our town. We booked at the tahoe city inn and did not expect for the location to be so perfect. Its a 2 minute walk to the lake and beach and is on the main strip of the city. That's where the amazing restaurants and shopping was. Not to mention all of the summer attractions like river rafting and hiking was a 5 minute drive. The greatest thing to do in Tahoe was the convenient bike riding around the lake.

For the hotel itself. Our room was clean, the service was nice, the price was great, and best of all we got FREE breakfast (including fruits, pastries, drinks, and more). It was a fantastic stay and the Tahoe City Inn was everything our family could ask more.

I will readily return to this hotel for our Tahoe stays!

• Liked — Location and Room Comfort
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lima
Reviewed 9 June 2007

I arrived on december 2006 from Peru and it was a particular motel in Lake Tahoe. Until that time I didn't know thai it would be my Home for a long periode.. Everything was amazing, the rooms were comfortable,the treatment of this people was perfect, I really feel that I was at home and it was difficult to feel like this when you are not in your country. The workers help us a lot giving information. And also the location is perfect! you have a supermarket, a drug store, the library, the bank just near to you.
I really recommend this place!! and all the things you can do around Lake Tahoe!! too many things for having good memories of your trip!

Stayed December 2006
Calfornia
Reviewed 9 March 2007

This place was awful. I'd rather be in prison than stay there again. I still have nightmares about staying here. Parking problems, management problems, room smelled like something had died there. Sleep in your car before you give these people your money.

Stayed December 2005

Travellers are raving about these Tahoe City hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 April 2006

My husband and I stayed at Tahoe City Inn for the first time in 1982. We went to stay again this winter. It has gone through some changes with the new owners, but it was such a restful stay. The rooms were very nice and clean. Management is very helpful. It truely was a great stay.

• Stayed February 2006
San Anselmo
Reviewed 14 July 2005

Although the motel is in the town, I was not stisfied with the quality of the room. For the price of $130.00 a night for the so called suite, I did not think it was worth it. Suites looked like regular rooms to me. Fixtures in the room are broken. For example, the toilet dispenser was hanging off the wall. More importantly, the man in the front desk was crossed with me when I asked him that I left a pair of shoes. I think for a few more dollars I should have rented a cabin in Tahoe instead. My family and I would not come back.

1 Thank jocel1105
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 February 2005

Our group had just wrapped up a day in the snow. We had reservations at a motor inn, but upon arriving we decided that it was just not up to par, so we drove around the strip looking for 3 rooms. We wound up staying at the Tahoe City Inn, which turned out to be a wonderfull experience. We were given a much lower then usual rate due to some vacancies, and were treated great by the staff. Each room has a jacuzzi tub, ours had a heart shaped one. The decor was very tastefull, and the room included free movie rentals. I cannot say enough about this great little inn, I will be going back on future trips to North Lake.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#1 of 7 in Tahoe City
Granlibakken Tahoe
Granlibakken Tahoe
#2 of 7 in Tahoe City

Been to Tahoe City Inn? Share your experiences!