“My favorite Tahoe Spa”

Clearwater Facial Studio & Wax Bar
More attraction details
Owner description: Clearwater Facial Studio & Wax Bar offers an array of treatments including facials, waxing, wedding makeup, and more. Our professional staff will make you feel welcome at our location just outside Tahoe City. On your next visit to North Lake Tahoe, we welcome you to a tour of our office and receive a treatment from one of the best estheticians in Lake Tahoe.
Reviewed 20 November 2010

I have been traveling to Tahoe since I was a kid, and love spa treatments. After using Trip advisor to find a spa on my last trip to Sedona, AZ, I thought I would write a review for my favorite Tahoe place. When going through the past reviews, I was a bit surprised that people have had a bad experience here. Out of the 15 or so times I have gone for treatments, I have never had a less than exceptional experience. I have probably gone to every spa in Tahoe's north shore and Clearwater is my favorite. I started going about 2 years ago, after having a bad experience at one of Tahoe City's other spas. Since my first visit, I won't go anywhere else. It is more affordable than the spas in Squaw with much better treatments. Massage, facials, or waxing, this is the place to go. I have never had my nails done here, but friends have told me that they also give great pedicures. You should try this place out for yourself, as everyone's experience is there own.

1  Thank JamieWright

Reviewed 20 June 2010

My wife sent me here for a massage, thinking that it would help relax me for our vacation. Big mistake. The masseuse had very little skill, using the point of her elbows and the bones in her thumbs to "massage." She attempted to massage my spinal chord and kept vigorously working on the bones in my back, thinking, apparently, that they were muscular knots. The also attempted to massage the tendons in my chin, below my neck, which was really, really strange. She said she went to school, but if so, I'm not sure they taught her the difference between muscle, bone and tendon. This massage actually caused me pain. Do NOT go to clearwater if you want relaxation! You'll end up sore and considerably poorer.

1  Thank BB J
Reviewed 5 April 2010

I was going to Tahoe for a weekend getaway and thought a spa day would be a great way to spend some time. I found Clearwater through Tripadvisor and called to make an appointment on a Saturday afternoon. No one answered, so I left a message. A few hours went by so I called again, but still no answer. SO... I went to their website and booked only the massage, not the full spa day. I got a call a little while later from the massage therapist saying that we were going to have to change the time. Fine with me. at my I showed up at my appointment time only to be greeted by my massage therapist and her toddler age daughter. She said she had been calling my house, but couldn't get in touch with me. The therapist said that she couldn't find childcare, but that she could just put her daughter in another room and still do my massage. Now, I LOVE kids, but that's just not my idea of a relaxing massage. She did make me another appointment at a spa very near by and said that I could receive 10% off my next visit.

1  Thank NorCalGirl82
Reviewed 23 September 2009

While vacationing on the north shore of Lake Tahoe, California I visted Clearwater Day Spa and LOVED IT! It's a small quiet spa in Tahoe City, the staff was great and down to earth. I would absolutely reccommend this spa. They offer great packages, I got a package including massage, facial, and nail, it was amazing.