“Uncrowded, friendly, great skiing”
Review of Alpine Meadows

Alpine Meadows
Ranked #5 of 39 things to do in Tahoe City
More attraction details
Owner description: Intermediate and advanced skiers and riders will most enjoy this resort, known for its especially long season.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

If you love to ski but you hate crowds and attitude, go to Alpine. The runs go from fun cruisers to incredibly challenging of piste drops. The workers are friendly, the skiers relaxed and, if you want the hustle and bustle, you can catch the shuttle to Squaw and use your ticket there!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Great hike and we took two wee ones along (4 and 6) and they were able to do it pretty well. They asked to be carried a couple of times. Lovely place.

2  Thank 1proudmama
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Grew up skiing here. I was slightly disappointed when they merged with Squaw Valley, but Alpine has maintained the family and local atmosphere. There is challenging terrain and lots of variety.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband and I (beginners) took the 1 hour guided horseback scenic tour through the forest. Our tour guide was very friendly and we had a wonderful time, highly recommended!

1  Thank Deanna S
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was the leader of a group of 14 people in the Sierra Nevada area doing hiking, kayaking, service projects, etc. I scheduled a two hour horseback ride through the Lake Tahoe National Forest with Alpine Meadows Stables and I wasn't disappointed. Our group had many inexperienced riders who were nervous and the staff was great with them. The horses were the best I've ever encountered: so well cared for and gentle. An easy ride for all. The ride was gorgeous, with many terrific views. The staff was very friendly and knowledgable, offering important tips about the forest and riding. Many in our group agreed it was the highlight of our trip, including some of the novice riders!

2  Thank Liz51_13