“Scammers....Horrible Service....”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Scammers....Horrible Service....”
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

Scammers Charge your credit card as soon as you give it to them .....they will not honour any refunds and customer service horrible.......you should be asshamed if yourselves to take advantage of tourists.....

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Frankd1970

Reno
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A disgrace to the Tahoe community”
Reviewed 22 September 2012

HORRIFIC customer service and I've never even set foot in the place. I called to make reservations at their sister location in Sand Harbor. I was told they were sold out in Sand Harbor and I'd have to come to the Tahoe City location. I since found out there were plenty of SUP's available at Sand Harbor on the day I inquired about. I then made a reservation for three boards in Tahoe City. It was within the 24 hour window so I was told I'd be charged if I canceled. Within minutes I learned of a family emergency and immediately called to cancel. I spoke to the person who took my reservation five minutes prior and requested she not charge me since I had called to cancel within minutes of my reservation and certainly wasn't preventing another person from using the boards I'd reserved. She told me these are the rules and she has no authority to make exceptions. When I asked to speak to a manager she told me she wrote the policy and no one else could help me.

The moral of the story is: if you'd like to be treated like a tourist (in the negative, person-to-be-taken-advantage-of form of the word), Tahoe City Kayak is the place for you. A single phone call will cost you a whopping $53.86. If you want to be treated with respect and kindness, go to Adrift in King's Beach. They treat every person who walks through the door like a beloved local. I know, I've been there every single week since my dreadful phone call with Tahoe City Kayak.

Visited August 2012
4 Thank tahoegrebe
Centerport, NY
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Helpful, nice, fun.”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We managed to secure a couple of kayaks on a potentially stormy day. We had a great time kayaking to Sunnyside and eating lunch on the beach. I wish they would let you kayak North as well as South. But, they mentioned something about the tides. Even so, we were paddling against the tides in both directions. Still, it was an enjoyable experience and it is hard to beat $40 for 3 hours.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Susmraz
Stockton, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun, fun, fun”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I liked that the guides were very informed about the history of the lake and were very friendly

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Stephanie L
riverbank
“good place to rent a kayak”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Andy & his crew are very knowledgeable & helpful. They know their kayaks. They also provide tours if you're not comfortable slapping one on your roof and just taking off.
They also have a stand in sand harbor if you're on the east shore.

Visited August 2011