“Very rude employees not kind to those with Autism”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tahoe City Chocolate
Ranked #1 of 5 Shopping in Tahoe City
Oakdale, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very rude employees not kind to those with Autism”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I just had an a awful experience sat Tahoe City Chocolate. An employee asked my son 7 year old if he wanted a sample and he said "I'm ok." The employee tossed it over the counter to him anyway. He got mad when it dropped and ordered my son to pick it up. My son put it in my hand and the employee said no he needed to put it in the trash. I told him to let it go because my son has autism and he refused and kept going at my son. I put what I was going to buy on the counter and walked out.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Hilarie B

Reno, Nevada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Oh...My...Lord!”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

So my husband and I went into this shop after stuffing ourselves with oversized burritos from the ensuing Mexican restaurant that shares the building with this place. I'm a big-time window shopper. Don't do a whole lotta purchasing but I love to look and I wasn't about to pass up the opportunity to check this candy place out. Sugar is my favorite food group after all. Mind you, I had no intention of buying anything...about 60 bucks later we left this candy shop. I've been to a plethora of confectionary stores: tourist traps, independents, chains, Mom & Pops but holy cow, they've got some good stuff! One of the employees was very gracious and incredibly generous with a multitude of samples. We never asked; he just kept offering us all manners of goodies. A sliver of fudge, a fresh watermelon gummi bear, a licorice hybrid, a slice of melt-in-your-mouth truffle. I'm not a fudge fan, I'm not a truffle fan but "Man, that's G-O-O-D!" Everything was really delicious and there were all sorts of candy I'd never seen before whether it was imported (rather pricey) or domestically made and just unavailable in our part of the country. The quality of the candy, chocolate or otherwise was extremely impressive and the service from both employees was outstanding. The young gentleman who was our "sample guru" had a great personality and his descriptions and exemplary passion were the reason we bought so much stuff. Oh yeah, and the fact it tasted so good, HA! Support this local business and reward yourself with some deliciousness.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank crazyeses
Newark, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“The Candy Man Makes The World Taste Good”
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Come and visit The Candy Man. My wife and I always stop in when we go to Tahoe. This visit was even more fun. Whether the girls are running the counter or the owner, you'll be showered with samples of all kinds and will walk out of there more educated as well. Don't try to buy and run. Stay awhile and go with the flow. It will be a memorable part of your trip. They have hard-to-find candies, great ice cream, funny greeting cards and much more. The owner has a great sense of humor. Very entertaining. The girls are so nice and helpful. The truffles are to die for. Rich, but not too sweet.

Visited October 2011