“'It's not called 'the ghetto in the meadow' for no reason'”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tahoe City
Lake Forest Glen Condos
Reviewed 27 August 2010

This place was like a frat house, old, dirty, worn, & stunk as well. If you want to pay the $ to stay here, I suggest you go to Vallejo & rent a motel, you will most likely have a better time for a better price with muchnicer accomodations. This place was more than misrepreseneted, it is a complete joke. & I didn't even mention you have to deal with Carmen Dresslar, who is notoriously unethical.

• Stayed: July 2010
7  Thank TahoeRenter

Reviewed 27 August 2010

We recently stayed at #190 and it was awesome! The place was simple, clean, and had everything we needed for our stay. The rooms were spacious and not cluttered, with simple and practical furniture. The condo even had a washer or dryer - it was the first time we came back home with clean clothes! It was one of the most well rounded lodging places for us ever - and i travel very frequently. The complex had 2 pools, hot tub, and tennis courts. The downer: no internet! Nonetheless, I am ready to book again for next year!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank fridakahlo0
Reviewed 24 May 2009

We have stayed at one of these units for four nights over Christmas and payed $1350. Here is the ad for the unit:
[--]
It is a complete misrepresentation of the condo. This was not a coner unit, the mattresses were so old and dirty they looked like the ones seen on the street of San Francisco. My back ached all day long sleeping on "super quality foam mattress". Most of the storage was taken by owners junk and some was bolted with a lock such as the closet in master bedroom. Even though they charged $250 cleaning fee, we had to re-wash all dishes and glasses because everything was dirty. The grill was so disgusting that we did not even touch it. I will post pictures to prove my review.
Stay away from this place. It is a total ripoff. The owners have several properties and they are also running the leasing agency so beware. I do not believe that the positive reviews are authentic.
See the pictures!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
6  Thank Vadim K
Reviewed 27 January 2009

Worst ever experience renting a property
The owners, also the realtors (Paragon Real Estate Group, Carmen Dresslar) were extremely rude. They will never return a phone call even when we had an emergency case. They charged us extra for arriving 2 hours earlier even though the unit was not ready and we had to wait outside.
The add was decieving and had nothing to do with a real condo....luxury townhouse turned out to be extremely old, dirty, malfunctioning and broken place. One of the sleeping spots was a bad placed under the stairs !!! in the living room.
Mattresses were broken, dishwasher was so old it didn't clean the dishes. Dishes in the unit were dirty even tough we were charged $250 cleaning fee. Faucet was leaking and as a result there was never enough hot water. The grill was so disgusting we couldn't use it.
We've been renting properties at Tahoe for years but this one a complete ripoff!!!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank tanusha01
Reviewed 24 November 2007

We booked through a local realtor. Our condo was clean, neat and newly upgraded. The unit and complex had all the amenities we could ask for. We were close to town and all the activities of Tahoe. It was a central and affordable location that made for a great trip for the whole family!!!

Stayed: November 2007
2  Thank snowblower999
Reviewed 5 November 2007

I can not say enough BAD things about the awful, stinky, gross, discusting place.
How is that for an opening line?
We rented a "condo" here in 2004. I would like to think it has been updated since then. We rented through a web-site that sent us over to the local Coldwell Banker office on line. You would think---that Coldwell Banker would care if they were renting codo's out to families (w/ children) that had nails sticking out from the ground that they may have caught a clew. We called to tell them that this place was dirty, they could have cared less. It was gross from top to bottom. The parties going on all night were awful! Nobody could sleep. Loud music all night long every night! We gave up...We gave up our money and our vacation. We had pre-paid for a week and gave up after three nights. It was that awful. Nothing worked and it it had no cooling system. It was hot as h___!
DO NOT GO THERE_EVER_NEVER! When I say that there were nails sticking up from the floor into the air I mean it. The staff at Coldwell Banker were as mean and awful as it gets. They did not care at all! As one person said in a review it has a nick name as Ghetto in the Meadow. It is true!

• Stayed: July 2004, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank carrieag1
Reviewed 23 August 2005

What a great place to stay for such an affordable price! We stayed 5 nights in a completely remodeled condo across from one of the pools and tennis courts, wow! This place had everything! We had rented a Lake Tahoe place the year before, paid much more last year and it was OLD and shabby and not chic at all. We were told that the Glen is the "ghetto in the meadow" and so we were a bit leary at first but when I found this place on the internet with fantastic photos and price, I thought "give it a shot" and are we glad we did. There was actually too much to do; biking, swimming, sauna, hot tub, basketball and tennis, the boat dock is free 2 blocks away and we were told that skiing is in either direction within 10 minutes of the condo. Turning my attention toward the winter made me realize that this place would be ideal because it is at lake level and driving in the snow and ice up a steep grade is not my idea of a safe vacation. But back to this summer; we enjoyed FREE a concert at the lake right in Tahoe City, which is only a mile bike ride from the condo's door. Then mid week, once again this cute little town with all the charm of original eateries (no Starbucks allowed, sorry) had Outdoor Cinema lakeside. So we gathered up our kids, beach chairs and blankets and even popped our oun corn to enjoy a FREE evening under the stars. Quite a few of the restaurants offer a happy hour and if you don't mind eating in the bar, dinner is half price, except on Saturdays. Lake Forsest Glen does have a website and if you are a dotcommer you will be able to find it pretty easily like I did. My husband loved this particular condo we stayed in because it had a posturpedic kingsided mattress in the master bedroom. Who puts $3000 mattrresses in rentals??? The kids liked the bunk room (where even those beds were decked out in pillowtop beds) that slept 4. I already made my reservation for next summer (seven nights this time!) and they gave me the 2005 rates and said if I keep coming back, I can keep paying the same rate. Works for us. Out of 285 places 161 was the best. I have heard that some of them are not as nicely done and that is probably why some of the ratings have been low on lake forest glen.

• Stayed: July 2005