“Best place in Tahoe City”
Review of Wolfdale's

Wolfdale's
Reserve with OpenTable
Wolfdale's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 55 Restaurants in Tahoe City
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Grove St.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Food is amazing, service also. Everything is clean, served good, fresh and healthy.
They have a great bar with best bartenders in town who can make you any cocktail you want.
I really love this place.
Recommendation to anyone who comes to Tahoe.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My scallop dish was to be served with a Dungess Crab risotto but all I got was tasteless rice that had no crab in it nor any seasonings or cheese. The 3 sautéed string were old and tough to chew and the baby carrots were not seasoned either. I will not return. Many better restaurant choices.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Menu selection is limited. Charge to split meal is $8.00 and to split salad is $3.00 - ridiculous! Corkage is up to $25. Wine selection is good, but expensive.
Best thing about meal service was cute Serbian couple that provides table service. They made the evening enjoyable!

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

My wife And I had only been here once before years ago and thought the meal was average. We wanted to try again to see if had changed. It has not. I had filet mignon ($45). I ordered medium rare and it was served medium. It was not a $45 steak. It felt like it was not prime beef. My wife had sashimi. She thought it was good, but a little skimpy.

The wine list was outrageously expensive. There was no affordable wine. We had a glass of $12 wine per bottle ( at the local wine shop). But they charged $16 for a glass. Poor marketing.

The ambiance was dated. Needs some updating. The partial view of the lake was blocked by wooden shades ( dated). Too bad.

The waiter was very good. Attentive and pleasant. (Bob). That was the only bright spot. We will not return.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

Found this place on our way home from hiking so glad we stopped and was able to get a table for 2.
Chef's wife at the front chef /owner in kitchen who has been cooking for 30 years
So much history of the place and the chef, family , Japanese sojourn from many many years ago etc
They have these specially made plates by a potter each unique.
Above all the food is amazing. we had tempura oyster(to die for, light batter), my husband had the lobster surf and turf (again nicely done)
I highly recommend