“Awesome service!”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Awesome service!”
Reviewed 2 August 2011

The staff at Tahoe City Marina Boat Rental is helpful, patient, and knowledgeable. We will definitely go there every time we visit Tahoe!

Visited July 2011

San Francisco, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great Place to Rent Kayak”
Reviewed 1 October 2009

I rented a kayak that you pedal. The staff at this establishment is incredibly helpful and friendly. They will show you how to use the equipment and provide you with great ideas of where to go. Their prices also are very reasonable. I had a wonderful afternoon on the lake. I strongly recommend renting a kayak from this place. You will have a fun adventure.

1 Thank Marin_Cyclist
GR, Wyoming
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Nice people, quality equipment”
Reviewed 10 September 2009

Rented the 20' Four Winns for a 3 hour tour, a 3 hour tour. Since it was during the week we got the 4th hour free. The boat was clean and ran well. They were OK with us skiing and/or wakeboarding behind the boat, which was nice. Reasonably priced, nice people to deal with, good equipment. Stop and see them if a boat rental is in your plans.

1 Thank goobeedee
Bay Area, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Tahoe City Marina”
Reviewed 4 September 2007

This is how a business should be run.

On a recent trip to visit friends in Truckee, it was decided that we would all go for a sail on Lake Tahoe. I searched the internet for sailboat rentals and found Tahoe City Marina. They were the only business in North Lake that provided uncaptained sailboat rentals. They rent out a Catalina 22 which was perfect for our party of six. It also helped that my friend had once owned a Cat22 for a few years.

Reservation of the boat was problem free and upon our arrival, the boat was docked and readied for sail. The dockman treated us with respect as he showed us around the boat and set us away.

It was a unusually gusty day with very shifty winds, but the boat held very steady. Anyone who has sailed a Cat22 will know that it is an easy day sailer. The rigging was in good shape as were the sails. The jib was self furling. The mainsail did not have full battens in but they were available. We sailed for four and a half hours and there were zero mechanicle problems with the boat.

Upon return, the dockhands helped us remove ourselves and our items from the boat. Everything worked out just dandy until it came time to pay. The charges for the rental came out higher than I expected - by $100+. I expressed my concern about the price difference and was informed that weekend prices were higher. I was in such a good mood and a little tired after sailing that I didn't put up a fuss. I paid the higher amount and went on my way.

Once back at home, I decided to recheck the website. I was not surprised to see that it still looked like I had been overcharged. I immediately called the marina and explained the situation. The woman who answered the phone reviewed the situation with me and came to the same conclusion. She explained that the rental rates were higher on the weekends but agreed that the price list online was a little misleading. She graciously apologized and told me that she would confer with her manager and call me back. Within fifteen minutes I received her call. They would refund the amount that I was 'overcharged'. The next day, the funds were back in my account.

I will not fault any business for making a mistake. However, Tahoe City Marina was very gracious about correcting the mistake and doing so quickly without making me fight for it. This is how a good business is run. I thank Tahoe City Marina for a great day out and for doing honest business.

Next time You are in Lake Tahoe, I highly recommend Tahoe City Marina.

4 Thank thatdog