“Spectacular Family Run Motel”
Review of Cedar Glen Lodge

Cedar Glen Lodge
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Tahoe Vista
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I can't say enough good things about the staff and the grounds of the Cedar Glen Lodge. I've traveled quite extensively and it's such a refreshing feeling to stay at a place that actually has YOUR best interest in mind.

Alan was a great host and poured everything he had into making our stay incredible. You could tell the level of detail he went through to upgrade all of the rooms. From things you can't see but appreciate like the high quality drawers that glide easily to the Moen faucets and shower heads it really had a higher end feel to it. Everything was meticulously maintained and was consistently being upgraded.

Seriously, what other hotel have you been to that has S'MORES behind the counter for you!?

Don't skip the restaurant either, it's top notch.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chuck N
Martha B, Owner at Cedar Glen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

We take great care and pride in satisfying our guests. It's very nice to see you pay attention to the details!

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you back soon!

-Alan

Reviewed 4 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for 2 nights and really enjoyed our stay. The room was small, but very nice. The property is beautiful. Everything was top quality, which I really appreciated. The furniture, the appliances, the shower, everything. I would highly recommend Cedar Glen Lodge. If we come back, we will get a larger place. The hosts were kind and professional. The restaurant has outstanding food. If you are looking for a quiet getaway in North Lake, look no further. This place is great.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carrie F
Martha B, Owner at Cedar Glen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you so much for your review! I loved chatting with you and your daughter. I was very pleased you enjoyed the hiking around Lake Tahoe! Yes, I think next time a larger unit will serve you better. The unit where you stayed is very comfortable for a couple, it is nice to have more space.

Thanks again and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed here for 3 days, and had a very good time. The hotel staff are very friendly and full of helpful advice, the cabin was cozy and comfortable, the grounds enjoyable with the hot tub and fire pit with free s'mores service, and the dinner at the rustic lounge memorable. It was a good three nights to unwind and spend quality family time together.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Martha B, Owner at Cedar Glen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you so much and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Loved Cedar Glen Lodge, cosy clean and just perfect. I have stayed in many places but this is by far the best ever! So clean and cosy and welcoming I could move in! The hosts are so freindly and full of helpful advice about the area without being in your face. I can not wait to come back! Thank you for making the Tahoe experience even more special!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maria C

Thank you so much for your fantastic review! Wouldn't it be wonderful to be neighbors??? =) Please come back see us again soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Would really like to thank both Martha and Alan for such a wonderful experience and for going a long way in helping us. Tips on things to do, secret hikes, places to see helped us. We have been to so many different places in the world, but Cedar Glen felt like 2nd home to us due to your heart warming welcoming nature and the beautiful place that they own.

Thanks again for the wonderful memories.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ramanathan K

It was such a great pleasure to have you and your lovely wife with us! We profusely thank you for sharing your amazing Lake Tahoe photos with us. Your Talent is unparalleled!

Thanks again and next time you are in town, I have to share a couple other spots that would be a "photographers' delight!"

Alan and Martha

Reviewed 1 April 2014

If you have an owner out past 11:30pm sounding an air-horn to keep a bear away from you cabin you are at a top-notch lodge. Martha and Alan go out of their way to make everyone feel welcome and for me, they makes me feel like family each time my husband and I stay.

This is have been the 3rd year in a row that I have stayed at Cedar Glen and it still remains the cutest little and best place I have ever stayed! Every year it keeps getting better and better! I don't know how they keep topping themselves but they do :) This year Martha saw we were coming to stay and decided to upgrade us to a bigger room, no charge, no special reason, just because she and Alan are just that great!

The owners are the nicest people I have ever met and were there whenever you needed ANYTHING. The first time my man and I stayed we had a problem with the tv remote, which wasn't a big deal since we were out most of the day, but we still wanted to use it the few minutes we had it on at night before bed. Martha was there to help me out in a heartbeat when I stopped by the office to ask what to do. If the biggest problem I'm going to have during a stay is dead batteries that's easy peasy to deal with.

Even before the remodel Alan and Martha had yummy snacks and breakfast items for everyone in the office, which now is set out in their new office area at the bar. I like that it is all simple things, quick grab and go items mixed with cereal and fresh juice, a nice light breakfast to start the day. But if we felt up to something bigger Alan told us about the Log Cabin up the road which is also AM-AZ-ING. We were happy he let us know! I haven't gone wrong once listening to Alan and Martha's suggestions on places to visit and things to do.

We had no problems keeping warm with the snows outside the room heating is great whether is a normal small room heater or a room with a small fireplace. We really enjoyed the fire-pit they had. Any time my man and I were starting it up or sitting on our own someone would walk out to ask if we needed anything. They had it all dug out so we could sit out at night and make s'mores, talk to some of the other guests, and just enjoy the calm serenity that is Tahoe.

I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: If you want something a little more special than just a one bedroom spring a little extra for the on...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Karen B

Dearest Karen B,

You have no idea how much we miss and love you both! You know that you are part of the extended Cedar Glen Lodge family!

Thank you so much for all your kindness and we can't wait to see you back =)

Martha, Alan, and Staff

Reviewed 31 March 2014

It was my husband's birthday and this was a perfect weekend get away location for us. The complex was very convenient to all the places and experiences we wanted to enjoy. We loved the mountain decor of the suite and all the amenities. It was so very comfortable and cozy. The staff was incredibly friendly, helpful and informative in planning our days. We definitely hope to be returning one day soon to the Cedar Glen Lodge.

Room Tip: We loved being at the end of the complex where it is higher and we had such a spectacular view out o...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dru B

We are very happy you chose our place to celebrate your husband's birthday, and we are always thrilled when we surpass our guests' expectations!

Thank you so much and can't wait to see you back!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tahoe Vista
Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly
Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly
#1 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
Resort at Squaw Creek
Resort at Squaw Creek
#2 of 5 in Olympic Valley
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#8 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge
#2 of 8 in Tahoe Vista
The Village At Squaw Valley
The Village At Squaw Valley
#3 of 5 in Olympic Valley

Been to Cedar Glen Lodge? Share your experiences!