My wife and I had the ability to get away to our favorite Lake Tahoe North Shore location (Kings Beach/Tahoe Vista, CA) on relatively short notice but it was during August which we typically dread because of the crowds. Nevertheless, we were able to book the Firelite which we had not been to in four years. We were thrilled at the location which is just across the street from the Tahoe Vista Recreation Area and pleasantly surprised at the renovations that had taken place in the years since we last were here. Our room was on the second floor and had a marvelous lake view, was spacious with two queens and a sleeper sofa. The fireplace was a nice touch which I'm sure would come in handy in the winter. Flat screen tv, a mini fridge, and clean bathroom facilities topped off what we believed was just the right size room. The breakfast in the morning was adequate with great coffee and good service. The only thing preventing this from being a higher rating is the window over the door. Since we were right next to the outdoor light, during the night, this could have been annoying. However, we were able to stuff an extra pillow into the window the shut out the unwanted light. Now, if we could move the motel across the street and place it on the beach . . . ;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Firelite Lodge resides directly across from a sandy beach and small marina, allowing our guests great views and access to Lake Tahoe. Kayak, Stand-Up Paddle board rental and sailing school/rental located at the beach. North Tahoe Regional Park is located less than 1 mile from the lodge. Great starting point to hiking and mountain biking. Mountain bike rental located at the property. Outdoor hot spa and seasonal swimming pool. All guest rooms are equipped with gas fireplaces, microwave ovens, refrigerators, coffee makers, 42" TV's with premium programming: 5 HBO and 4 ESPN channels, Blue-Ray DVD players. Bathrooms include full size tub/shower combination and hair dryer. WiFi and Continental Breakfast is included in our room rate. 100% Non smoking lodge. No pets allowed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Firelite Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Firelite Hotel Tahoe Vista
- Firelite Motel Tahoe Vista