“Wonderful hotel right on the lake”
Review of Holiday House

Holiday House
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Tahoe Vista
San Francisco, California
“Wonderful hotel right on the lake”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My husband, son and dog stayed here midweek at the end of March. We had a very pleasant room overlooking the lake with incredible views. There was a nice kitchenette with a microwave, small refrigerator, oven and stove with enough pots and pans to rustle up a nice meal. A Safeway is located conveniently nearby for all your grocery shopping needs. The beds were comfortable and the rooms smelled nice. There was even a little basket with a blanket and a doggie treat for the dog. You cannot leave your dog in the room alone as with most hotels but that was okay because we wanted to take our dog to play in the snow for the first time while my son took skiing lessons. Very charming. We will definitely come back again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank jedfrancois

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Vallejo, California, United States
Reviewed 20 February 2012

After spending a miserable night in South Lake Tahoe, the first thing in the morning I got online to find another place to stay. Pet Friendly in North Lake Tahoe. Holiday House popped up. I immediatlely called and Alvina was so warm and gracious and accommodating. My husband, my fabulous dog Wilson and I headed North. As soon as we got to our room, I was at peace. I have been battling cancer for almost a year now and the accommodations, view and hospitality from Alvina brought a sense of peace to my inner soul. So fortunate our paths crossed and look forward to sharing Holiday House with those who would appreciate the experience. Thank you Alvina!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ChristineHill
Leander, Texas
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend while attending a friend's wedding. The accomodations were very comfortable and the hospitality was gracious and warm. A great bargain CLOSE to everything, just west of the SR 89 junction from Truckeee.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Steve O
Reviewed 30 August 2011

My girlfriend and I recently spend three midweek nights at holiday house. The layout of the room is perfect for two people. The room was clean and we always had fresh towels. The room smelled like an old cabin but that added to the charm. The location and views were unbelievable. For the money, you won't find a better lakeside hotel. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank Robstan74
Clovis, California
Reviewed 24 July 2011

My wife and our Chocolate Lab spend this past week-end (July 2011) in Lake Tahoe and stayed at the Holiday House. Let me share our experience in three bullet points: #1 – Did the Holiday House meet our expectations? – no it exceeded our expectations. #2 – Would we stay here again? – Yes and are planning to be back again, #3 – Is the view from the Holiday House of Lake Tahoe really fabulous? Yes it was worth the price of the room alone to be able to have the view (which every room has). Open a bottle of wine and just sit on the porch and watch the sunset each night.

The room was nice size, clean, and very quite. It is not the Ritz Carlton by any means but the Ritz Carlton does not have the view the Holiday House has. In addition, if you are traveling with a pet (dog), it worked out great. Our dog would go down to the small dock and swim after the stick we would through as long as we wanted.

There also are two great restaurants that are just next door to this location. You walk north and can dine at Wild Goose and if you go south you can go to Captain Jon’s. We ate at both with outdoor dining and great food.

Rate this location as a strong B+.

Room Tip: Holiday House - A True Pleasure
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Buck85
Livermore, California
Reviewed 29 April 2011

It's a rustic room right on the water. Old building but very clean. Off season rates, kitchenette, dog friendly, beautiful view. We brought our dog on a mid week getaway. We pretty much had the place to ourselves which probably helped this review. There is a Safeway about a mile away and we used the kitchenette to it's fullest. We don't ski, we just went to eat, drink, take pictures, do a little exploring and just plain live on the lake. It was PERFECT !!

Room Tip: Room 3 has an outdoor ringer on the outside wall
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NVRDLMO
Auburn, California
Reviewed 26 January 2011

I was shocked when I read the negative reviews about this small quaint inn that over hangs Lake Tahoe. Alvina comes to the door with my 'dog basket' every time I come. She welcomes my dog Lily and has lift tickets at a discounted rate for my son. I am a writer. I sit looking out of the large window typing and glancing up at the amazing view of Lake Tahow not even 100 feet away. It is definitely rustic, but clean with a deck to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine. It is down away from the road! The quiet is golden! II can't wait to come back!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
#2 of 8 in Tahoe Vista
Firelite Lodge
Firelite Lodge
#5 of 8 in Tahoe Vista

Been to Holiday House? Share your experiences!