“Not friendly at all!”
Review of Holiday House

Holiday House
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Tahoe Vista
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I called to make a reservation for me, my fiancee and my dog. After getting the usual questions about the dog (size, friendly, keeping him in a crate when not there) the owner said, "O.K., I've got your reservation all set for tonight." Then after driving 2 hours coming from south of San Fran, I get a call back from the lady saying she made a mistake and she has no room for the evening!! What kind of poor business practice is that?? So I told her I was already on the way and had driven 2 hours... all she could say was "sorry." I asked her to call around and find another hotel for us, then, since my phone battery was low. She said she wouldn't. Totally a terrible experience with a lady that obviously lied about having a reservation or just has chaos in her office that she can't keep anything straight... makes me wonder if the sheets in the bedrooms get cleaned between guests??

Never the less, after arriving in north Tahoe we went from hotel to hotel and finally found a pet-friendly room. Tahoe is beautiful, but if you want a guaranteed room, I wouldn't stay at the Holiday House!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Devin D

Reviewed 9 April 2012

My husband, son and dog stayed here midweek at the end of March. We had a very pleasant room overlooking the lake with incredible views. There was a nice kitchenette with a microwave, small refrigerator, oven and stove with enough pots and pans to rustle up a nice meal. A Safeway is located conveniently nearby for all your grocery shopping needs. The beds were comfortable and the rooms smelled nice. There was even a little basket with a blanket and a doggie treat for the dog. You cannot leave your dog in the room alone as with most hotels but that was okay because we wanted to take our dog to play in the snow for the first time while my son took skiing lessons. Very charming. We will definitely come back again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank jedfrancois
Reviewed 20 February 2012

After spending a miserable night in South Lake Tahoe, the first thing in the morning I got online to find another place to stay. Pet Friendly in North Lake Tahoe. Holiday House popped up. I immediatlely called and Alvina was so warm and gracious and accommodating. My husband, my fabulous dog Wilson and I headed North. As soon as we got to our room, I was at peace. I have been battling cancer for almost a year now and the accommodations, view and hospitality from Alvina brought a sense of peace to my inner soul. So fortunate our paths crossed and look forward to sharing Holiday House with those who would appreciate the experience. Thank you Alvina!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ChristineHill
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend while attending a friend's wedding. The accomodations were very comfortable and the hospitality was gracious and warm. A great bargain CLOSE to everything, just west of the SR 89 junction from Truckeee.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Steve O
Reviewed 30 August 2011

My girlfriend and I recently spend three midweek nights at holiday house. The layout of the room is perfect for two people. The room was clean and we always had fresh towels. The room smelled like an old cabin but that added to the charm. The location and views were unbelievable. For the money, you won't find a better lakeside hotel. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank Robstan74
Reviewed 24 July 2011

My wife and our Chocolate Lab spend this past week-end (July 2011) in Lake Tahoe and stayed at the Holiday House. Let me share our experience in three bullet points: #1 – Did the Holiday House meet our expectations? – no it exceeded our expectations. #2 – Would we stay here again? – Yes and are planning to be back again, #3 – Is the view from the Holiday House of Lake Tahoe really fabulous? Yes it was worth the price of the room alone to be able to have the view (which every room has). Open a bottle of wine and just sit on the porch and watch the sunset each night.

The room was nice size, clean, and very quite. It is not the Ritz Carlton by any means but the Ritz Carlton does not have the view the Holiday House has. In addition, if you are traveling with a pet (dog), it worked out great. Our dog would go down to the small dock and swim after the stick we would through as long as we wanted.

There also are two great restaurants that are just next door to this location. You walk north and can dine at Wild Goose and if you go south you can go to Captain Jon’s. We ate at both with outdoor dining and great food.

Rate this location as a strong B+.

Room Tip: Holiday House - A True Pleasure
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Buck85
Reviewed 29 April 2011

It's a rustic room right on the water. Old building but very clean. Off season rates, kitchenette, dog friendly, beautiful view. We brought our dog on a mid week getaway. We pretty much had the place to ourselves which probably helped this review. There is a Safeway about a mile away and we used the kitchenette to it's fullest. We don't ski, we just went to eat, drink, take pictures, do a little exploring and just plain live on the lake. It was PERFECT !!

Room Tip: Room 3 has an outdoor ringer on the outside wall
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Tahoe Vistana Inn
Tahoe Vistana Inn
#6 of 8 in Tahoe Vista
Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino

Been to Holiday House? Share your experiences!