Holiday House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Firelite Lodge(Tahoe Vista)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Cedar Glen Lodge(Tahoe Vista)
View Hotel
Tahoe Sands Resort(Tahoe Vista)
View Hotel
Tahoe Vistana Inn(Tahoe Vista)
Big 7 Motel(Kings Beach)
View Hotel
7 Pines Motel(Kings Beach)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Gary and I booked the Holiday House from 9/21/12-9/30/12, for 10 days and was sooooooooo pleased. The view alone from our condo was worth a MILLION dollars !!!! Alvina the gracious hostess is an angel !!! Gary had to have emergency knee surgery the next day and Alvina made me feel so comfortable and reasurring during this scarry time that I felt like I was home away from home, she literally let me lean on her shoulders during Gary's four day stay in the hospital, being from Michigan and soooooooooo far away. She took it upon herself to make sure I had a really nice stay and as a result I have a new wonderful friend in Tahoe Vista that is simply the "best" !!!! I would not stay anywhere else in Tahoe, but the HOLIDAY HOUSE. The atmosphere is clean, cozy, warm and puts a "smile" on your face until you have to leave!!! Thanks Alvina for EVERYTHING !!!! You really have a special place that all travelers need to see and appreciate...I was so lucky to find you and your "Holiday House" the pleasure was all mine !!!!!! Michele

P.S. Gary is doing much better...and you already know we'll definitely be back !!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Spikemama
Reviewed 4 October 2012

This has to be one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.The rooms are fantastically equipped with everything you could want for a longish stay,the clealiness is superb and there's a big Safe way down the road!! The views are something else.Spectacular yet soothing.Will I be back? Can't wait.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank oldernwiser
Reviewed 6 September 2012

The Holiday House is such a special place. We had never stayed here before and the main reason we booked with the Holiday House was we could bring our dog... what a pleasant surprise this little hotel is!

First, the Holiday House offers THE BEST lake views, hands down, for the price. The property is right on the lake and all the rooms either open up to a shared deck or balcony with chairs and tables. There isn't a beach, but you can walk down the stairs right to the water and swim out to a floating dock. Your also walking distance to a few different restaurants (Spindleshanks and Captain John's).

The woman who runs/owns the property, Alvina, is very friendly and welcoming, and just a lovely hostess. If we needed anything, she was happy to accommodate us.

While it's a small property (I think just 8 rooms), we felt like we had privacy. The rooms are spacious, and the room we stayed in had a separate bedroom and living room, with a full kitchen. My husband, dog, and I were very comfortable staying there for a week. Keep in mind that the coffee mugs may not match, etc., but that's really the charm of the place. And I have to say the shower was really nice!

We had such a lovely time, we ended up adding a day to our 7 day stay, because we didn't want to leave. I'm so glad we found this Tahoe treasure!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nicole B
Reviewed 3 September 2012

The Holiday House was in an excellent location with fantastic views. The furniture was a little worn but it was only one of very few on the lake side that allows dogs. The owner even brought some throw blankets for the couch and bed just in case your dog jumps on the furniture along with a towel if your dog gets wet and doggie biscuits. The little kitchenette was just the right size for preparing breakfast although new fry pans would be appreciated. There is a Bar B Q for anyone to use. Parking is a little tight but not a problem.

Room Tip: All rooms have full lake view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank DonaHLee
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We rented a buoy from Alvina in view of the Holiday House. Our error in attaching the shackle to her buoy resulted in the boat coming loose. Alvina immediately contacted us and kindly secured our boat to her dock so that no damage occurred to our boat.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family