The title says it all. While this may be a dog-friendly establishment, the services recommended by them should never be trusted as they actually lost my dog. I highly recommend that you do not stay here, as worse yet, they have done nothing in response to my complaints since the event ensued -- not even an apology.
A few details on what happened that allowed such a traumatic event to occur in the first place ... I was attending a wedding near Lake Tahoe with a friend and wanted to bring my dog. I thought that this B&B would be perfect as I could leave my dog in his crate during times when we'd be gone for a few hours. Because I knew I would be gone for more than 8 hours for the wedding, I asked about dog-walking services. The staff quickly responded that this wouldn't be a problem.
In retrospect, this is what I learned.
1. The dog-walker had absolutely no training on dogs. He was just a boyfriend of the staff member.
2. The dog-walker, upon entry into my cottage, failed to close the door. My dog was locked in his crate. The dog-walker then failed to put a leash on my dog. He just opened the crate door. My dog immediately ran out and was gone.
3. Tahoma B&B did not call me for 2 hours after my dog escaped. By the time I got back, it was dark and though I searched for a couple of hours, nothing resulted.
4. Although staff members and some guests helped search the night that my dog escaped, the next morning, no one but my friend and I were searching. The owner from the B&B searched for an hour or so, but then resumed other activities. I am not aware of any other staff member searching for my dog.
5. The dog-walker never apologized for what happened. I called him and instead of returning my call, his girlfriend returned my call.
6. I endured a sleepless night worrying about my dog and even with that, I paid the full amount of my stay for the room. The B&B didn't even offer a token gesture of sympathy for what happened.
With all that said, I have no doubt that the owners and staff were sincerely concerned about my dog's situation. But the way the problem was handled was so poor that I cannot recommend this place to anyone.
The good news is that my friend and I finally found my dog - 20 hours after he went missing. Unfortunately, I cannot thank the B&B for his return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cozy cottages on Lake Tahoe's west shore. Just 8 miles from Tahoe City we have cottages for couples and families. Tahoma Meadows B&B also accepts pets in over half of our cottages. Skiing at Homewood Mtn Resort or spending the day paddling at Sugar Pine Point State Park are just a few of the things you can do just minutes from our doorstep. We look forward to helping you make your stay here at Lake Tahoe one of the best vacations that you have ever had. We hope to see you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Tahoma Meadows B&B Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahoma Meadows b&b Cottages Hotel Tahoma
- Tahoma Meadows Bed And Breakfast Cottages