All reviewsopen airhot springsdown the roadbbq restaurantday passlate nightdeath valleyfair sharemud bathpoolsvegasmiddledesertphoneblissspascement
Reviewed 20 October 2011

A peaceful, early fall weekend in the desert...this place was just what the doctor ordered! Service was exceptional - everyone treated us like old friends coming to visit, and made it clear that whatever we wanted or needed, they would try to accomodate. Our cabin (#2) was small, but clean- fully stocked kitchen, bathroom, comfy bed, screened in porch and a/c. The mineral baths were amazing! Four private tubs, perfect temp. water, and very clean and well cared for. We were there on a 'busy' weekend but people were scarce and we didn't ever have to wait. And the tubs are available 24 hrs. for guests, so we were able to soak in the quiet of the late night while gazing at the stars...another perk: The restaurant down the street "The Bistro" is a funky 5-star restaurant! Again we were treated like old friends by the staff and the food was excellent...

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2010

Only place to soak if you are into hot springs. However, as I was waiting in the waiting area in the evening, the man at the front desk was in a nasty disagreement with someone on the phone. One really doesn't need to hear things like that when one wants to rest and relax.
I have been here several times and the rate went up if you want to soak in the evening. I also found the baths surrounded by an area that needed a good scrub brush on a regular basis--the entire area where people walk--the steps where people sit--the showers---the walls-and the most unappetizing urine in the little plastic trash can that was tied down. Really, the place needs cleaning nightly, but probably doesn't even get it monthly. A scrub brush and fresh paint would be in order to maintain a sense of caring on the part of the owners. Also, this place gets really busy and with greedy people who don't want to give up their baths after the posted time limit. You will find youself waiting quite a while to enjoy the environment. I did not stay at the cabins, but I would not want to stay there, as they are very run down and expensive. In spite of the grime on the floor, I would still return to enjoy the water.
The Bistro 7 miles away is a very nice place to eat a morning crepe.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank hurstdavidj
Reviewed 13 April 2010

I visited for one night in Sept 2009. The cabins are original 1950s (I think!) structures and it felt like the contents were original too - the kitchen in particular! - adding to a fantastic atmosphere that we didn't experience anywhere else in California. Watching the sun set over the desert from our verandah was one of the highlights of our holiday. The private hot springs/baths were clean, even if the water was a bit hot for my taste, and two are open to the stars, I would recommend soaking at night! Other reviews have commented on how the cabins were shabby etc but trust me, this was definitely part of the experience, adding to the atmosphere of the place. The cabin was clean and air-conditioned. There weren't many people around making it really quiet and a welcome contrast to LA. We had an amazing stay (which we totally didn't expect) and would love to visit again. Service was friendly and welcoming, and we weren't over-serviced (they left us to it!) - which was perfect for a relaxing stay. We used the place as a stop-over before heading into death valley, but found ourselves wishing we could stay a couple more days for some more quality relaxation, maybe even making use of the barbeque outside our cabin!

PS. We also visited the "Bistro" down the road (it's the only eatery for miles) and it was honestly some of the best food we had all holiday - also highly recommended. Very friendly place.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2010

Clean and quiet, the hot spring water makes your skin feel nice and soft. Nice host and fellow guests when we were there.

Shabby cabins without charm, sagging bed, no coffee provided for guests on the premises. Bring your own or go without. Overpriced and run down.

The pools are too hot (104 degrees f) in my opinion, but this is probably by design to keep people moving so everyone gets a chance to use one of the four pools in privacy. I wish there was a communal pool outside with a comfortable temperature where people could sit and visit and watch the sunrise.

A traveler could do worse. I have. I don't regret staying. I just think this place is overpriced and a bit too run down to recommend.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2008

This was our fourth visit to Delight's over the past 4 years. It is an extremely peaceful and relaxing place. It is a wonderful base from which to go running, hiking, peak climbing, get a massage or just hang out and read a good book. Accommodations are modest, but they have been steadily improving over the years. This time, our motel unit had new furniture, new carpet, a new and super-comfy mattress on the bed and better lighting. Also, the hot pools are now closed to the general public after 11pm, so only overnight guests have access to them late at night. This has eliminated the late night traffic noise that once disrupted the tranquility of the place. The hot pools themselves have always been fantastic, and nothing has changed in that regard. They are clean and private and you feel like a million bucks after a 15 minute soak. Also, there's a little bistro just down the street where you can get the most unbelievably delicious food prepared by a world-class chef, right there in the middle of nowhere. Delight's is not fancy -- nothing in Tecopa is -- but it is wonderful and special in its own unique, quirky way. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)