I've been going to Delight's Hot Springs for over 10 years. First several times staying in the RV Park which is pretty basic full hook ups. On Valentine's Day in 2011 I took my fiance and spent a night in one of the rooms. The rooms are nothing fancy, no phone, no TV, no Wi-Fi at the time. There is Wi-fi near the spa pools, so maybe they've upgraded a bit.
As for the spa... that's really what it's about. There are 4 enclosed spas, basically cement tubs, about 4 feet deep. Three of the spas have a "sunbrella" covering and the fourth is "topless". It's especially nice at night as you can see the desert star-lit sky. Each spa enclosure includes a shower which should be used prior to and after using the spa. Since you use each spa privately, management suggests you skinny dip as most bathing suits have a soap residue from being washed at home and tends to discolor the water.
The spas are cleaned every night, drained, scrubbed, and refilled. The water comes directly from the ground and the temperatures vary from room to room. There is a constant supply of water entering each spa, so I assume the water is constantly being refreshed. The water when drained is put into a small lake on the premises and is recycled back to the ground water.
Due to the age of the place and the minerals in the water, the showers look dirty. Being in the desert and the sand blowing around, you might encounter sand inside the showers as they are open air... with-in each spa room.
The rooms need to be redone and modernized. But they are clean, again subject to the desert sand. The room we stayed in had a kitchen attached.
The place stays busy, especially in the winter months as many snowbirds come to the area. Room reservations would be suggested, but as far as the tubs go, we go several times a year, during the cooler months, and purchase a reasonably price day pass and have no problem using the spa.
According to the management, the mineral water is second in the world only to Baden Baden, Germany.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight's Hot Springs Resort is world renowned for its peaceful atmosphere and therapeutic geothermal heated mineral rich hot springs. Delight's offers 4 completely private hot spring bathhouses. Each bathhouse has its own shower and pool that is available to you in 30-minute increments. We offer day passes to the springs, VIP passes, mud baths, rustic cabins, motel rooms, and RV spaces are available with full hook ups. When staying overnight the Hot Springs are available to you all night long. Our California hot springs are considered by many to be among the best therapeutic waters in the United States. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Delight's Hot Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delight`s Hot Spa And Rv Park Hotel Tecopa
- Delight's Hot Springs Resort Tecopa, California