“I am just lucky - I find great hotels!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Tehachapi
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Tehachapi
South Florida, Florida
“I am just lucky - I find great hotels!”
Reviewed 16 November 2012

I found this Fairfield Inn to be nicer than most - it's only 3 years old. A lot of the rooms had great balconies. I loved walking out on the balcony and watching the sun set. My room was a huge suite with living area, separate bedroom, 2 TVs, microwave and frig. The bathroom was very roomy and clean. The bed was firm andcomfortable and had super clean, crisp sheets.

There is FANTASTIC wi-fi. I had come from a place where the wi-fi wasn't good, so I appreciate the good wi-fi here. There was also an area where you could plug in iPhone type stuff (see photos).

The breakfast was larger and better than most FF Inns, in that it had scrambled eggs, some kind of meat, biscuits, as well as all the other breads, muffins, cereals, waffles, etc. They also had hard-boiled eggs.

The front desk guy who checked me in was wonderful; very nice and friendly. I mention that because it is important to me. Nobody wants to be greeted by a sour-puss.

Oh, the town is very, very small. The hotel is on a main road and there is a train track in front of it - that was a non-issue for me. I heard the train once when I was awake, but not during the night - and I was facing the track. There is a K-Mart within walking distance, and a couple fast-food joints. It's very convenient to the highway running east and west.

Bottom line: Great place. Loved it. I am lucky; I have been travelling cross-country for the past 3 weeks and each hotel I stay in is has been better than the next (except one was just so-so). I think my standards are pretty high; I don't care about frills, but the place MUST be clean, have clean carpeting, and the bathroom has to be spotless - I am fastidious in that regard. If I give a place a 5, it's because it's a 5 - not because my standards are low.

Room Tip: Loved my balcony. Seems like a lot of the rooms have them.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 October 2012 via mobile

We have stayed now 3 times and love both Tehachapi and Embassy Suites. My partner and now my 2 year old love trains and always want a room facing the tracks for them hearing the trains adds to the experience. Rooms are great staff friendly and breakfast is great

• Stayed August 2012
Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2012

This is a really nice hotel, with good facilities, that is sadly hampered by it's location directly opposite the train tracks. As Tehachapi is famous for it's trains and loop (Google it), they run through the night and are not shy in letting people know they are coming!!

Room Tip: Try for a room at the back of the hotel - although unsure if this would make a difference. Take earp...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Boiling Spring Lakes, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The usual Fairfield Inn, and a chain we always enjoyed staying in. Clean rooms, comfortable beds and stylish decor. The city was interesting to drive around and we enjoyed the pool. Had a laundry room which we utalized. We used our Reward points. A great hotel and well worth the value.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
brazilian around the globe
Reviewed 18 July 2012

This was our stop going to and coming from Las Vegas on the motorcycle. The staff was super friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and roomy and the bed was fabulous! Even better was the jacuzzi and pool (open till midnight). And if that doesn't relax you,in the bathrooms there is a great massaging shower head that is great for neck pain! We were very delighted with our stay to say the least. Bonus: they also have coin laundry or laundry service.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank brazilbikini10
Mountain View, California
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Granted - Tehachapi is not Maui, but I continue to be impressed after this is our second stay. Fresh, clean, quiet, and bargain rates. Free internet and a generous breakfast to boot. Seriously, what else could you ask for? Stylish decorating - this has got to be the nicest Fairfield in the entire Marriott system. We'll be back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gblotter
Airdrie, Canada
Reviewed 8 July 2012 via mobile

We came across both the city and the hotel quite unexpectedly having planned to stay in Bakersfield but decided to continue on a little further. We are so glad we did! The hotel was beautiful, our room just perfect, the facilities excellent and the city s pretty! We did not hear any of the train noises mentioned in other reviews. The whole experience was great from start to finish!

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DF2011_1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tehachapi
Best Western Plus Country Park Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58 / Mill Street
La Quinta Inn Tehachapi
La Quinta Inn Tehachapi
#6 of 8 in Tehachapi
Mariah Country Inn & Suites
Best Western Desert Winds
Motel 6 Mojave - Airport

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Tehachapi? Share your experiences!