“I've stayed at this hotel before & it is a very positive experience.”

Best Western Mountain Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Tehachapi
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Was driving in "white-out" conditions & decided to stop early. Tehachapi is a nice, quiet community & the Best Western is Pet friendly. My dog & I stayed here a few years ago. The staff is friendly & helpful.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Sharon O
Katie R, General Manager at Best Western Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at (661) 822-5591.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

Hit sleet in the mountains and needed to stop. Basic but clean room, comfy beds, really friendly staff, and the continental breakfast had hot items. I don't like doors that exit to the outside, but this place was pretty safe and quiet. Very pet friendly as well- my cat didn't want to leave. Just let the front desk know you're bringing a pet, and there's no extra pet charge. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012

Reviewed 25 March 2012

because Best Westerns are becoming more consistent across the brand. Nothing spectacular - rooms are updated, clean and neat; breakfast has hot items such as sausage biscuit sandwiches, scrambled eggs, bacon, etc; free wi-fi and a computer/printer in the lounge. Overall - clean, orderly and reasonably priced in the old town of Tehachapi. We could hear the train a-comin' during the day, but not at night - not sure if they didn't run any or that they were travelling faster during the day .....

Room Tip: a couple of rooms overlook the train park across the street
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 October 2011

I've stayed at numerous Best Westerns and this one is on the lower end of the scale. It's not bad, it was just OK... especially for the price. I paid $80-something and it really should have been more like $50 for what you get. The rooms are very clean, Wi-Fi was good and they did have a free continental breakfast (although, not as good as other BWs). Refrigerator sucked, we had to plug it in when we got there and it never got cold - we had a cooler of food for our road trip so we had to keep getting ice so it wouldn't spoil. The console that housed the fridge, microwave, coffee pot and TV was ridiculous; coffee pot was way up top and I had to stand on a chair to set up the entire rig (there wasn't any room on the lower shelf to put the coffee pot on). I know they're doing construction to renovate so maybe things will be better soon... Would I stay here again? Not for $80+/night.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ToughMary
Katie R, Manager at Best Western Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Reviewed 4 July 2011

Stayed in June of 2011 - rooms were neat and clean, pool clean,
front desk staff extreamly helpful and courteous! Close to everything in tehachapi. Had our 2 small dogs and they were very understanding of dogs. No smell in the room AT ALL !

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 April 2010

This Best Western is an older unit and offered reasonable amenities for the bargain price. As the old story goes, you get what you pay for. Breakfast was not as good as most Best Westerns, cereal, waffels, pastries various and varions drinks and was placed in a very small area that was once a bed room. This hotel is going through a renovation and not all rooms are done yet.. Front desk was good.
My room was clean and comfortable, but I was placed next to a loud group of young 'parrty boys' and eventuall asked the front desk to assign me another room. Location is next to a new Best Western which I would have selected except for the higher price of the room.
If you are passing through, I'd recommend you stay at the New Best Western next door.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 June 2009

Extremely disappointing. The mattress was old and saggy, and they didn't even bother to put a mattress pad on the mattress, which indicates to me a lack of care and concern on the management's part. The sheets were old, stained, and scratchy. The pillows were lumpy. I woke up with the worst back ache I've had in years and blurry eyes from not sleeping, and this after driving for 10 hours to reach Tehachapi and needing to drive another 8 hours the next day! For the $90 something dollars I paid, this was a rip-off: I should have slept in the car.

The bathroom was clean enough; no complaints there. But they need to replace their beds and take better care of them. Probably should have stayed at the newer Best Western next door.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Desertbreeze

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at (661) 822-5591.

BEST WESTERN Mountain Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tehachapi
La Quinta Inn Tehachapi
La Quinta Inn Tehachapi
#6 of 8 in Tehachapi
Best Western Plus Country Park Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58 / Mill Street
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tehachapi
Best Western Desert Winds
Mariah Country Inn & Suites

Been to Best Western Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!