Stallion Springs Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Tehachapi
See available hotels
Santa Fe Motel(Tehachapi)
View Hotel
All reviewsgolf courseostrich farmcounter spacewine and cheeseplanned activitiescity lifehigh deserthiking trailshot tubred rock canyona great weekstate parkclean unitlarge living roomget away from it allpots and panscomforts of home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 February 2013 via mobile

We just retuned from spending a week in this cute little resort. It is a very quiet area; our suite was just next to the jacuzzi and bordered the golf course. We loved watching the woodpeckers in the pine trees, but noise from guests enjoying the jacuzzi was loud and distracting. We checked in after dark the first night and were greeted by a family of raccoons just outside our porch. Though we are animal & nature lovers and enjoyed seeing the raccoons, the room did have a distinct, musty ferret-smell. The bed was large and comfortable and the living room had a cheery fireplace, but the sink in the kitchenette was too small to wash -- or even pre-rinse -- the dishes. There is a tiny dishwasher, but I found that without scrubbing first some dishes didn't get totally clean. Staff were friendly and prompt in resolving our question about the heat. A nice retreat, a little out of the way, but in a lovely area.

• Stayed: February 2013
6  Thank AngieRC
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Very nice small, intimate resort. Located in the high desert about an hour from Palmdale. Located next to a golf course. If you want to relax, relax, relax, this is the place. Can take some nice walks, but nothing extremely exciting close to resort. Very well furnished, 2 bedroom/bath, kitchen, fireplace, washer/dryer. Very enjoyable stay & would recommend it highly for a laid-back retreat.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ellen W
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We have just returned from 2 weeks at the Stallion Springs Resort and it was wonderful. My husband and I like to go to places that are small and out of the way and this was both. We had a 2 bed apartment which had everything we needed. The kitchen was a bit small but little things like that don't bother us, we just adapt. There was laundry powder for the washing machine, dishwasher tablets and washing up liquid. Housekeeping came 3 times a week and if we needed any more coffee, filters or tea we just asked. The staff were very friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for us. We went to the Wine Tasting at a local winery, and didn't have to do the driving. To 3 different ranches, a rescue sanctuary for ex race horses, an ostrich farm and an alpaca ranch, all very ethical. There was a cheese and wine evening on the Sunday so we could find out what is happening in the area and all about the new units planned (with bigger kitchens) and to meet the other guests. There was no hard sell and we didn't need to go to see the Sales Rep. There is also a Wednesday bar-b-que where the guests get together. There is no pool on site although you could use the one at the golf club but you need to get there by car. There is a large hot tub with 2 sun beds and some chairs and I had that to myself each time I went there to sunbathe. If you leave your bedroom balcony door open at night you will probably hear the coyotes calling and the Great Horned Owls hooting, there are also wild racoons living nearby. The bird life is amazing and I must admit, by the end of the 2nd week of my holiday I am ready to come home but I could definitely have stayed another week. I would absolutely recommend the Stallion Springs Resort if you want to get away from it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Tibbycat13
Reviewed 6 July 2012

This is a great resort if you want to get away from the busy city life. My wife and I stayed in a one bedroom unit and it had plenty of room.

Pros
- Located by a golf course
- Jacuzzi bath tub ( a bit small though )
- Huge video library ( about 300 movies ) at front office.
- Great staff
- Three maid services during our one week stay
- Fireplace

Cons
- The only nearby restaurant is at the golf course and only serves dinner on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Small kitchen sink ( a large plate would not lay front in it )

Overall, a very good resort that I would recommend to friends and family. The previous reviews mentioned the small kitchen, but the fridge is normal sized. We will be coming back to Stallion Springs.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank California Dude
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Although in a remote area it is a great location for long day trips to see a diiferent side of California. Long possible day trips include Yosmite NP, Sequoia NP , Mojave Desert, and Joshua Tree NP. For rail fans the Loop is internationally famous. And, this is the vegetable and fruit producing area of our country. Fascinating to see miles and miles of planted crops with so many varieties. Also possible to drive less than an hour to Lancaster, take a less than two hour train to downtown LA, visit and return. So remote, yes, but much to do.
The resort itself is nice, but about what I expect for timeshare units. My only complaint, the layout (single bedroom unit) was awkward. Single bath with two doors and a long, difficult to use hallway between the bath and bedroom. The kitchen appliances were reduced size (could not rinse a dinner plate without splashing water everywhere) and dishware and other cooking items were minimal.
Staff was friendly and helpful. Room service was available three days a week. Some activities, but not as many as at some timeshares

Room Tip: A lower level unit with a view of the golf course would be preferred.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple