“Clean Room”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Temecula
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here while attending an event in Temecula. The experience was consistent to what we've expected from La Quinta's across the country. The free WiFi, free Breakfast, clean room and good location made it easy to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GeauxFrogs
Ryan B, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Temecula, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad we could provide you with the service you have come to expect from the La Quinta brand. We hope you continue to enjoy our chain and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here very much. We totally relaxed in this room! It was very quiet, very peaceful, very nice! Will definitely return when we come back to the area again, which maybe next year!It was just a little hard to find because it is set off behind a strip center, but very worth the while to find it and stay there!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Ryan B, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Temecula, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Temecula area.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

My wife, dog Ernie and myself have stay in this Inn on numerous times over the last 3 years. I would have to say that the staff is first rate in all manners of rating staff. We have had one issue of carpet stain that was overlooked by the cleaning staff. We had just driven 8+ hours to get there. Unpacked our suitcases, plus hung up all clothing and noticed a bad stain on the carpeting. Front desk staff suggested another room and I suggested nay. In a matter of 3 minutes or less the head Inn person plus a staff member were at the door and took care of the issue in less than 4 minutes. We were very happy with how the issue was solved.
I have food issues so I always find breakfast at local cafes. We always stay here when traveling to Temecula to visit relatives.

Room Tip: Many people are eating breakfast in the am. The parking lot is always full early in the morning. E...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank R K

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. The management team is always happy to hear when we have taken care of our guests and you return when you are in the area. We look forward to seeing you and your wife as well as Ernie on your next visit to Temecula

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for three nights for a family event June 12-15.  We chose this hotel because they are dog-friendly and let us have our small pooch in the room with us.

I've stayed at La Quintas before, and this one is average, maybe slightly below others I've stayed at.  It's really just a step above a motel.  The amenities are bare minimum - plastic drinking glasses, shampoo only (no conditioner) and cheap soap.

The breakfast was pretty awful - I would love to know what they did to those scrambled eggs to make them taste so bad!  They were like congealed plastic swimming in bad-tasting water.  How do you screw up eggs?  The waffles looked great, except that there was only one waffle iron and the kids in the breakfast room completely monopolized it so...no waffles for us.  No fruit at all.  The sausage was...well, not like any sausage I've ever tasted. Dry, odd-tasting.  One bite and I thought it best not to push my luck.

I've eaten many included breakfasts at hotels such as this one, and while I don't expect it to be a sumptuous buffet, it would be nice if it was edible.

Another annoyance was the bed...the bottom sheet didn't fit!  So it kept popping off the corners all night long and bunching up.  That's a pet peeve of mine...I dislike sleeping on top of bunched up sheets.  But I sure didn't want to sleep on a bare mattress in a hotel.  So I was up and down all night trying to fix the darn sheet.

Other reviewers have mentioned how hard it is to find this place. We had the same issue.  Better signage on the street would be good.

All of this, however, would have been taken in stride if they hadn't completely ripped us off price-wise.  We were there for a Thursday through Sunday, and the first night was a reasonable $76 (about what I would expect to pay for this place).  Had the price stayed there, I would not be so irritated at all the flaws, as they would be the expected quality level for that price.  But Saturday night was $198!  Come ON!  For THIS?  I was told there were several large wedding parties in the area and rooms were scarce.  That may be true, but that doesn't justify charging such predatory prices.  And this hotel did NOT look full – the parking lot was pretty empty.

The rest of our family stayed at the Embassy Suites down the road.  The price was only slightly higher than this place, but what a difference!  Gorgeous lobby, huge beautiful rooms, a real hotel feel (GLASSES in the room instead of cheap plastic cups...imagine!)  But they don't accept dogs.  So we got stuck with this dog of a place that preyed on us.  Yes I understand the principles of a free market, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about paying 200 bucks for a cheap motel-type experience.  If I'm paying for something, I should get the value for what I'm paying. This was not worth the price.

Will not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. Feedback is the only way we can improve our products and I assure you we will be looking into the issues you have experienced. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed recently while working a multi day event. Room was provided by the event.

Comfortable room. Front desk was very helpful with requests, and we were even permitted to access the complimentary breakfast "early" so that we could eat and make it to the event location to be ready to start on time.

Not the easiest place to find the first time around, but we were happy once we did locate it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Laurie T

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We appreciate all feed back, as that is how we improve. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again whenever you are in the Temecula area next.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here two nights Memorial Day weekend! We are familiar with staying at the La Quinta Inn and Suites, as we are rewards members. This was probably the worst experience at a La Quinta Inn and suites that we've ever had.
1. The hotel was very difficult to find and was hidden behind other office buildings and the quality Inn. There was no street sign and if there was we couldn't see that either.
2. The front desk staff especially the dark-haired woman with glasses were somewhat rude.
3. Apparently we picked the wrong weekend to stay because there was a Little League baseball convention in town. So much for romance. Kids were running up and down the hallways up and down the stairs and all over the building all day and into the night. If there were chaperones for these children they were nowhere to be found. On Sunday night we found the breakfast room completely destroyed, papers, food, trash, etc...everywhere. Later that evening I saw a group of "chaperones" (parents) sitting around tables in the breakfast room with several bottles of wine laughing and drinking.
4. In the morning when the breakfast room opened, it was flooded with baseball team members. With the exception of a few children, most were very rude and pushy.
This was probably the worst experience my husband and I have ever had on vacation. Although we are la Quinta Inn and suites rewards members, we will never stay at this La Quinta Inn in Temecula again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank susanmnilon
Reviewed 21 May 2014

we stayed here for two days while in Temecula for a weekend of winetasting with a good of thirfy friends. The hotel is pet friendly so we brought Misho our Samoyed. Since we had a dog they put us on the first floor. We were a little nervous as we entered the room thinking we were going to get a bad room. To my surprise the room was a good size, clean, modern, and the rooms were relatively sound proof. Also our room had no pet smell (our breed of dog is hypoallergenic and has fur not hair). All of the hotel staff were nice.

The hotel is located in the back end of a strip mall so it was a little hard to initially find. They had plenty of parking and a pool which we did not use. They also had a complimentary breakfast which included some hot items such as eggs, sausage, etc. which was a nice touch.

The hotel is located off the freeway which is nice and is close to the downtown historical district of Temecula. initially we were told we were within walking distance but this was not the case even though we walk a lot i.e. there is no sidewalk and the walk area is uneven dirt, etc. which we did not want to do in the dark.

As mentioned by others the price is a little on the high side but it is in line with other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends