“Feels closed in”

Redhawk Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Golf course near San Diego.
San Diego
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“Feels closed in”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I am very picky about where I play golf so my review may be a little harsh. This course is fairly well kept. The greens are in decent shape. I just dont like courses that are squeezed in between housing developments. I feel closed in and limited with my ability to swing freely. I have never hit a house with a golf ball but I also dont like to think about it. I did enjoy the par 3's. They are scenic and fun. Other than that this is an average course with a few nice features.

Visited September 2013

Long Beach, California
95 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 150 helpful votes
“Beautiful, tough and hilly”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We like a challenging course and this is, tough to find a flat lie but the flowers and signature hole make it worth playing again.

Visited April 2014
seattle
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Very nice”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is a nice course. There are a few challenges with sand traps and water to add to the adventure.

Visited March 2014
Temecula, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Golf”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Beautiful course and friendly staff. Greens are in fairly good shape but fairways need work, especially during the winter months.

Visited February 2014
Temecula
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best value & quality course in the Temecula Valley”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We never tire playing at Redhawk. My husband and I play almost every week. If you join the Redhawk club for $99, you get 3 rounds of golf and preferential rates during the week ($23 including cart!). In the winter the fairways are dormant, which makes for a great roll! The greens are always beautiful and challenging. You have lots of challenges on this course with water hazards, pot bunkers, & waste land. However, they can be mastered and what a thrill to know you've played a hole well. The women's tee's could be moved up significantly; I get around it by standing at the front of the red tee box and have actually been able to par some of the par 4's. Advice on the 1st hole; hit towards the right of the fairway or if you are a long hitter, cut the corner by hitting over the hill a bit. The fairway turns right and all balls run from right to left. There's a creek on the left and many balls land in it if you hit left. Every hole is unique and there are pretty views all around. We never tire of this course; great job grounds keepers!

Visited February 2014