“Butterfish!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Murrieta, California
“Butterfish!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

We love seafood and this is really the only 'seafood' place in town that isn't a chain restaurant.

We have been eating here for years and have never had a bad meal. My fav is the Butterfish. I wish it was always in season! All the fish, lobster,crab, shrimp, etc... is always cooked perfectly and come with yummy sides.

Great clam chowder, steamed clams and oysters on the half shell for appetizers.

• Visited August 2013

Southrn California
“Nice Ambiance”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Fish House Vera Cruz, Temecula, is the youngest in the trio of "Verz Cruz" fish houses. It is a lovely restraunt - think rustic with lots of wood & brick woven into the nautical these a midst huge decorative tanks of colorful tropical fish. As Temecula has grown, so has the competition, and FHVC is no longer the only place to go in town for good fish offerings. We were very sorry to see them make the decision to close for lunch, as it was one of our regular mid-day hangouts for a good meal...perhaps the volumn would not support, but I think it has hurt their patronage overall. Fish House Vera Cruz also has a nice fish market that does continue to be open during the day.

• Visited June 2013
“Hit or miss”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

We dined with my wifes cousins who live in nearby Oceanside and love the restaurant. I am a seafoodholic and never tire of good seafood. I should have listened to our company. I started with some oysters, which were fine. My wife had the shrimp cocktail which was overpriced for 6 shrimp, and over cooked. When the shrimp was brought to the table I asked "was that the jumbo shrimp cocktail?" since there was a regular shrimp cocktail too. The seafood soup was outstanding and our service was excellent. If I go back, it would be for the soup.

• Visited September 2013
Temecula, California
“Great service and a helluva dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

My party ordered yellow tail & the thresher shark I ordered the cajun style jumbo grilled prawns...I had the opportunity to sample a bite from each, all of it was really flavorful. My favorite were the prawns :) super jumbo and superbly delectable. Grilled to perfection!

The only dish that we were not crazy about was the Oysters Rockefeller! Too much cheese per oyster, so overwhelming one could hardly taste the oyster. The spinach portion was great, the cheese killed the dish. Besides that, everything else was fantastic so we were all very content with our meals.

Their fresh bread is insanely good, it was steaming hot and moist, it had a chewy yummy texture...great prelude to our meal.

If you prefer a punch of aromatic spices and flavors, I highly recommend the cajun style "anything". It has a perfect balance of heat and spices it just gives the seafood that added pop, they cook it to perfection.

To boot our waitress was fantastic! She was super friendly, personable and stayed consistently attentive throughout without being overly intrusive.

GREAT EXPERIENCE!

• Visited June 2013
Lakeland, Florida
“Pricey but good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

Not for from The hotels in Temecula. Food as great but pricey fish tanks all around. Service was good. Visited on a Tuesday so not a big crowd. Wild return

• Visited May 2013