“Excellent assortment for your root beer connoisseur”

Old Town Rootbeer Company
Ranked #4 of 19 Shopping in Temecula
Victorville, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent assortment for your root beer connoisseur”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

Met the owners, very, very nice couple that have been married 50 years! We were there for our 25th anniversary! They had so much variety to choose from. Had to stop there and get a supply for our youngest son who very much loves rootbeer!

Visited February 2013

Murrieta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“LOVE this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

I love this place. I tried them for the first time when they did that daily deal and I will always go back. I came the first time when a young man was working & while he may not have been the talkative type (like me) he was kind & helpful. Since that time I have taken 2 of my children there on 2 separate occasions to get a rootbeer float & look at all the cool sodas. The last time I went in was a rough day (my sister is going thru chemo & life isn't always easy to deal with) and I decided to take my 4 year old for a float after buying bunny food down the street. I ordered his float and just out of the blue after they asked me how I was doing I started crying in front of the 2 women working there. They were the most wonderful kind women I could possibly have met on this day. The older woman (I think the mom) came around the counter and even gave me a big hug. I think they were the owners (not sure tho)I see this place as a wonderfully kind and loving place with lots of neat and fun things inside. I love taking my kids here (one kid at a time though- makes it a special treat for them to sneak away with mom for a rootbeer float). So if you are in town give them a try & see for yourself.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Virginia S
Arizona
158 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 270 helpful votes
“Interesting Assortment of sodas but…”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

Unfortunately I must echo the reviewer that gave Old Town Root Beer Company a low rating. That review is almost three years in the past and sometimes those are hardly relevant due to the passage of time. Our experience in September 2011 was almost a duplicate. The two young females behind the counter were seemingly bothered by the two or three questions we asked. One was about root beer floats and the other a location for public restrooms and their responses were more a mutter than a spoken answer. We did order two root beer floats and were told that the root beer was Temecula Root Beer and that was fine with us. One of them grudgingly stated that the float is made with two scoops of ice cream. I’d say that maybe two-half scoops is more appropriate. Seating was almost non-existent with two or three very small “cocktail tables” on the porch and maybe three more out in the sun on the lawn.

Follow the advice given in the review from 2008 and stroll around, check out the array of sodas and spend your money elsewhere.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank travelertoo2
columbia
“A very nice soda shop in Old Town Temecula!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2009

Have visited Old Town Temecua about 4 times now, and stopped in the Old Town Rootbeer Company every time. Loved the variety of rootbeers, cream sodas, etc. They also have a nice selection of souvenir tee shirts, hats, etc. Be sure to stop in on your next visit to Old Town!

San Diego, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A Soda Shop with NO Fizz”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2008

We have stopped in this little shop in Old Town Temecula on a couple of different occasions and have never had a pleasant experience. While the vast array of sodas is interesting to be sure, do not expect the employees to happily (or even unhappily!) give you any information about any of them beyond a monotone, "Try the Temecula root beer."

The Temecula root beer is okay -- not great for the $2.50/bottle price tag. I tried repeatedly on two separate occasions to strike up friendly conversations with the employee on duty (i.e. Me: "I LOVE a good root beer!" Employee, avoiding eye-contact: " Uh-huh.") to no avail. For goodness sake, whatever you do, don't interrupt the employees in the middle of a personal call. They will stare daggers at you.

Skip it. Walk through the place, take a look at the cool sodas, then go out the back door to Jack's Nuts where Jack will give you free samples and tell you all sorts of interesting stories.

3 Thank CoronadoCookie