“Great winery! I'm a wine club member.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Leoness Cellars

Leoness Cellars
Ranked #5 of 91 things to do in Temecula
Los Angeles, California
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Great winery! I'm a wine club member.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

I love to make a day trip to Temecula and visit Leonesse. The restaurants has amazing food and great service.
If you are a win club member, you will get a chance to go to the barrel room for wine tasting there.
Their white merlot is a must for anyone who loves rose. My dad loves the Syrah. One wine tasting of Syrah, my dad has me signed up for the wine club :)
TIPS, the restaurant opens Fri-Sunday only.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank PoySak

Calabasas, California
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Worth the trip to head over there”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

Probably the nicest combination of wine, tasting room, restaurant and views in the Temecula Wine Country. A great selection of wines to chose from. Sorry we didn't have time to get back for dinner, but we will next time!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank The5MRanch
Dallas, Texas
162 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 249 helpful votes
“So far, our favorite in Temecula!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

The best reds we've had in the area. There's a covered patio just outside the tasting room, with a fair amount of seating, but it was all occupied at 2pm on an early summer Sunday. However, there's another covered tasting area a slight walk down - you can't hear the guitarist, but it's closer to the vines and maybe easier for conversation - as long as the parking shuttle isn't kicking up dust. And the restaurant - absolutely fabulous! Even though we got there at 2pm, it was an hour wait for a table, so we bought a bottle of the Meritage and sipped on the patio until the table was ready - a delightful wait. Then we took the bottle into the restaurant to finish through lunch. I hate to say it, but they do make the best french fries I've ever had - I doubt it matters what flavor you get - waiter recommended the bacon/cheese, but we had the truffle - it's all about the crispiness of the fresh potatoes - just pick one and you won't be sorry! The salads, pizzas, fish - impeccable. And they know it and price it that way. Staff is great, although maybe a little short handed? Our waiter was very busy, but the helper was around frequently. And though they were busy, they were perfectly happy to let us take our time. It was our aim to have a late lunch and skip dinner and it couldn't have been more perfect. Leonesse will be an afternoon stop every time we're in town.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank a-travelin-foodie
el cajon, ca
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Truly Mixed Feelings......”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

I used the title "mixed feeling" because that's exactly what I have about Leonesse Cellars. My husband and I were members for quite a while and enjoyed their wines and their winery. We particularly like the members tasting area where we could get away from the crazy weekend crowds and relax with a nice glass of wine and a picnic lunch. We reluctantly gave up our membership when the parking lot got so full we could no longer park even in the overflow lot.. Success has it's downfalls. We recently had the opportunity to return to Leonesse for a wine tasting event being held in Tememcula. As I remembered, the wines were good and the servers were friendly, but sadly out of the 9 wineries we visited that day, it was the only place that did not provide a comfortable, shaded area for us.. Most people could not wait to get out of there and on to another winery.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank irishis4me
Murrieta, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fabulous lunch and beautiful vistas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

We had a late lunch/early dinner at Leonesse and it was a pleasant surprise. My husband and I were guests of our neighbors (we live in close-by Murrieta) who had been to the winery before the restaurant opened. We had the chopped chicken salad, a Greek salad pizza, side order of vegetable medley and a to-die-for beef marsala. The wines were delicious, there was a talented and pleasant guitarist who serenaded us and we enjoyed the beautiful surrounding vineyards and countryside. We can't wait to return and share Leonesse with friends and family.

Visited April 2013