“Authentic Sicilian Cuisine at its finest!”

Il Tramonto Ristorante
Ranked #76 of 452 Restaurants in Temecula
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I can give you several reasons why one should visit Old Town Temecula. The scenery has that relic style structures, more of an old western vibe to it for one. Second, taking a leisurely stroll throughout this town can be relaxing, while working up an appetite. What better way to suppress that appetite, then to visit Il Tramonto Ristorante. Formerly Palumbo's Ristorante, Mark and his family transformed this into a Sicilian style cuisine, with Sicilian dishes, which is a rarity around here.

As we entered Tramonto we were greeted by the hostess who brought us to our table. While we were perusing the different options of endless enjoyment, we had the opportunity to see what others had ordered for their table. Let me tell you our mouths began to salivate just looking at the presentation from these dishes.

While we were enjoying a several glasses of wine let me just tell you what we enjoyed this fine evening.

Antipasti (appetizers)
*Arincini ~ An Arincini is basically a rice ball that has been fried, which stuffed with whatever your creative mind can come up with. Tramonto makes it with chopped portobello mushrooms, along with a peppercorn sauce for your dipping pleasure. **Side note at the bottom**

*Caprese Salad ~ In case you do not know what it is , this is a salad with fresh mozzarella , tomatoes, and basil. Dressed in an oil and balsamic, but with an added feature. The added feature was an avocado spread that was amazing.

*Sicilian Bruschetta ~ This was another winner , with the uniqueness I've never seen before. A fig and pistachio spread over top a fresh bread with ricotta as a base that was simply delightful.

Primi (Main courses)

*Chicken and Artichoke Picata ~ Simply delicious, a dish that needs to be ordered. The chicken literally melts in your mouth with every bite, plus with the addition of the artichoke and capers mixed in makes it a perfect compliment to the dish.

*Caserecce Fantasia ~ Clearly I am a pasta type of guy, and this simply put me into a happy place with every bite. This is a dish that NEEDS to be ordered ! Why? The reason I say this is, because it has that "one, two" combination with a homemade sausage and broccolini hitting your taste buds like Rocky Balboa to a slab of beef.

* Parsnip and Cauliflower ~ This is a healthy version of mashed potatoes basically. Purred parsnips and cauliflower whipped up and ready to be devoured. Which in my opinion is Uhh-MAZE-ing

Dolce (Dessert)
*Tiramisu ~ Oh man this was the perfect compliment , to a perfect dinner. Homemade tiramisu is a treat in its own , that was annihilated within 5 minutes.

The service was on point with our waitress making sure we were fully accommodated, which is always a plus. In all with the decor resembling Sicily, that home type feel that makes you feel like you are eating with family makes any meal you choose more enjoyable. With all of this coming at you, it makes you want to come back again, and again, and again. I know I will be back !

**Side note**
Pending on what region you are from in Sicily, an Arincini can be made lightly fried also . Normally it is stuffed with mozzarella, or a fontina cheese, peas, a touch of marinara, along with some kind of meat. i.e. prosciutto/sausage.

2  Thank Nando F
lynn g, Owner at Il Tramonto Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Wow , what a great review!! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! Thank you so much for coming to see us and we hope you will be in again soon!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I lived in Italy for a year. And I have to say, IL TRAMONTO RISTORANTE was better than anything I had that entire year.

The chef is from Sicily. He and his remarkably engaging and delightful family opened this restaurant less than a month ago. I'd tell everyone visiting Temecula to go and thoroughly enjoy a meal here. Huge variety of options on the menu. Portions are huge. Flavors are amazing. Servers are fun and knowlegable. Off the main road, so it's quiet enough to have a conversation on the outdoor patio.

EVERYTHING was excellent. Truly Gourmet!
We'll be back!!

2  Thank Teddi R

Thankyou Teddi for your kindness! We truly appreciate your review. We pride ourselves on being attentive and treating our customers like they are part of our extended family! We want everyone to be delighted with their whole experience when they leave and to hear them say they will be back soon!

Been to Il Tramonto Ristorante? Share your experiences!