“Nice Hotel, Great Location”

SpringHill Suites Temecula Valley Wine Country
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Dana Point, California
“Nice Hotel, Great Location”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This Springhill Suites has a more modern décor than others I've stayed at. Check in was fast, room clean, beds comfortable. I'd recommend this hotel. Located next to the freeway but I did not notice any road noise.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Next time I return to Temecula, I will definitely stay at SpringHill Suites. Initially, I thought I had made reservations, but when I called to confirm, I had not (my fault). Chrissy, the manager, worked with me and found us rooms for the night at an affordable rate, even though there were only a few rooms left. It could have been a disaster, as I had relatives coming in to join me. Everything we asked for was delivered right away, and the evening reception and breakfasts were really good. We used the pullout bed and the staff brought a softer pad so it would be more comfortable. Love that the bath is split. Makes it a little easier to get ready when there are a few people. We all thought customer service was outstanding. We were not on the highway side, so I can't comment on the noise, but the view from pullout bed was the mountains. Overall, an excellent stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
shstemecula, Manager at SpringHill Suites Temecula Valley Wine Country, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

It was my pleasure assisting you with your reservation. I'm so glad you were able to stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments as it is much appreciated. My team works very hard to try and deliver the best guest experience possible, thank you for acknowledging this. We hope you stay with us again soon!
Calgary
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This property is run by vibrant, happy and helpful staff. Rooms have been upgraded and boasts the best of everything. Two sinks in each suite, separate toilet from shower and sink area. Beds were amazing and we were treated to a complimentary happy hourThursday night where 3 wines from the wine area were served.

The only reason I did not assign an excellent rating is that the property backs (east side) onto the freeway. We specifically requested a west facing room but spoke with a couple whose bed vibrated every time a transport truck went by. Be sure to request a room facing west (furthest away from the highway)

Room Tip: West or south facing away from the freeway.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
brimfield, il
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We toured the hotel for a possible stay with group pricing and space for an October Wedding. The modern feel to the lobby and rooms pleased my daughter's age group. The all suites room were very spacious and pleasing. We will definitely be putting this high on the list.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank cindy r
Michigan
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Walking in, the front desk staff greeted me with a smile. Coffee & hot water is always available in the lobby. Got my room quickly, was told of the evening 'happy hour' (bud lite & wine, 5-7 Mon-Thurs) and breakfast times (6:30-9), which is pretty standard for Springhill.

Room was clean, and modern. The shower had two extra waist high sprayers, not really sure what they were for. The main shower head was a rain style, but it had some fine mineral build-up on the tiny nozzles. Some didn't spray and others had barely any water coming out. I took the wash cloth and cleaned them up, and it was working as if it were new. There are only two small drawers in which to put clothes. The tiny closet wasn't bad, but my pants were too long for the hangers as they drug on the floor. Oh, there are two even tinier drawers in the closet. There is a full length mirror, but you have to stand 6 inches in front of it because the bed is next to it. There was a cool shelf over the airconditioner - a great place to use as additional storage for my luggage (didn't fit in the closet).

Fitness center was clean, had 2 treadmills and 2 ellipticals, towels, water, dumbell weights, a bench and a nice rug for floor exercising. There were two pools. The indoor pool was heated and clean, but there was no place to put the wet towels, so people just left them on the floor. The outdoor pool wasn't heated, but it was clean also. No hot tub, though.

Only had breakfast one day because I had to leave in the mornings before it started. Lots of breads, 4 cereal choices, yogurt, oatmeal with all sorts of toppings, eggs sausage, plus hard boiled eggs, fruit, sliced cheese, and stuff to put on the eggs (spinach, cheese, salsa, etc).

Walls in the rooms are thin. I could easily hear the people in the hallway talking and could hear my neighbor's TV,

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room that isn't on the freeway side.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dana Point, California
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I was in Temecula for a Spartan race and chose this hotel mostly because of its proximity to the event. My stay was very comfortable and really exceeded my expectations. The lobby and other common areas were comfortable and updated. The suite was very nicely decorated and had good amenities like a mini fridge, microwave, nice seating area, small work area, and a great multi-head shower. They also provide a complimentary breakfast which was decent. The only minor complaint that I had was that the TV was exceptionally slow to respond -- I don't know if it was the remote or the service but trying to scan through the OnDemand menu tried my patience. Otherwise, it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Chrispy2day
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 28 January 2014

For the price, this hotel was a great value. It is newer, well organized, and very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable and had lots of pillows (which I love). I was a little disappointed my room only had a shower (no tub), but that was OK. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business